Lynx Defense

Since when has Congress and the Taxpayer pay homeowners insurance claims.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glenn61

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    Schertz, Tx
    When our elected officials got the privilege to spend someone else's money without a care in the world. Our administration has just set a precedent for others to follow.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    They are the insurance company. Private insurance won't insure for flood on properties in flood plains and beach areas such as those hit by Sandy.

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    The bad part is that's only half of the purposed bill. The other half will be up sometime next week I believe. There are items listed for funding in it that have absolutely nothing to do with the regions affected by Super Storm Sandy. More of our money for more of their personal agendas....

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Texas Windstorm Insurance deals with the wind & hail not the flooding. Have to get that thru NFIP.

I have a beach house in Port Aransas and deal with this every year.

I just figured if he'd get worked up about Texas windstorm if he was asking about government insurance.

That windstorm insurance costs me 1/4 of my annual mortgage note.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    This is why our grandchildren, their children, etc. are in the dumper. The Federal Government can't be all things for all people. This counrty needs to back off from the welfare mentality it has, and go back to the old fashion way of people providing for themselves. I sympathize with these people and their property damaged by storms such as these. The company I work for is heavily involved with structural forensics in the aftermath of such storms. One case I worked on recently involved a 5.5 million dollar home located 30 yards from the Atlantic Ocean. The guy had the minimum insurance coverage his mortage company allowed. His house received a large amount of water damage. Now he wants the government to pay for his mistake. New Orleans was another example of people living off the government. The two roles of government set up by our constitution are to print money and protect the country from foreign invasion. JFK made a profound statement years ago. He said "ask not what your counrty can do for you, but what you can do for your county". Since his death this idea has been reversed to where the majority of people want the government to do something for them.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    The only flood insurance you can get is through the National flood insurance program. even if you buy it from your local Insurance person. I buy mine from USAA and get the package from the Govt. But unlike an insurance CO I bet the Gov't loses money on it every year.

Top Bottom