• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHRISGO

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2023
    Muleshoe, Texas
    Been waiting for approval for 9 months now. I hear ATF computer systems are outdated for the vast amounts of E-FORMS that have been sent in.
    So that 6 day or what I was told at the time of when I sent mine in was 90 days, is out the window.
    Lynx Defense

Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    1676601554723.png

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Been waiting for approval for 9 months now. I hear ATF computer systems are outdated for the vast amounts of E-FORMS that have been sent in.
    So that 6 day or what I was told at the time of when I sent mine in was 90 days, is out the window.
    Welcome to the Forum!

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    In my experience, you've got a couple more months to go.

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    ATF is saying average 270 days. A friend has gotten both is stamps in about 270 days. I should get mine sometime next month based on that math. A far cry from 6 days.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    9 months by all reporting measures is the median and almost average wait time according to silencershop and reddit and most gun stores I have talked to. I have a strong suspicion those 1-10 day approval times are one of two things:
    "an error was found after 9 months, resubmit today and it'll get approved later this week" OR
    "you're my bosses brother, we'll find it in the system and get it approved tomorrow ;)"
    Either way I don't think anyone is fooled into believing theres a lottery chance of getting a nearly instant approval.

I'm about to start month 7 myself. Because theres no evidence of it, I don't see anything nefarious on behalf of silencershop for undertaking the massive efforts of coordinating and streamlining the eForm process through their kiosk and website. Other than hopefully selling more suppressors (which is their business; I don't think thats greed or malicious). If paper forms were removed from the process, and eForms are still taking 9+ months that means the ATF hasn't changed a single thing about how they approve or review these forms. Instead of paper its now on a computer screen and a warm body looking at it.

The frustration for most of us is theres nothing we can do about it other than count the blades of grass in the back yard. We can't call the ATF and see whats taking so long. We can't write a letter to congress to fix a clearly broken process. We can't pay extra for rapid approval (strange thats not another revenue arm for them). 6+ months ago the median wait time was about 6 months. every 2 months the average wait time goes up 1 month. BTW, people in CA and other waiting period states buy a gun and have to wait 10 arbitrary days just to take it home. We buy suppressors and have to wait arbitrary 9 to 12 month waiting periods to take it home.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Bummer, I was just thinking of picking up a suppressor from them!

And if this shoulder brace ruling is allowed to stand, it's only going to get worse!

Yet another reason NFA should be rescinded

DasGood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2020
    Salado, TX
    My buddy and I have been waiting for 7 months now. I am beginning to think I paid for hopes and dreams as the process doesn't seem to moving at all at this point .:(

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    My buddy and I have been waiting for 7 months now. I am beginning to think I paid for hopes and dreams as the process doesn't seem to moving at all at this point .:(
    My first one (paper) took 11 months. I'm on month 6 on an e file. Best advice is to just put it out of mind and one day you'll get a call from a # you don't recognize. Instead of another robo call, it's your ffl saying come get it.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Hey OutlawStar, That was a great post. Thanks for the info. Maybe my submission will be approved soon.
    Chris, Sorry I didn't see this. Both of mine were painful waits the last one over 290 days. I just bought another one saturday and do not expect to see it before christmas.

As far as the pistol braces, I don't own any pistols *cough* and if I did I sure as **** would not register them after the ATF said they were legal 10 years ago.

DasGood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2020
    Salado, TX
    My first one (paper) took 11 months. I'm on month 6 on an e file. Best advice is to just put it out of mind and one day you'll get a call from a # you don't recognize. Instead of another robo call, it's your ffl saying come get it.
    I guess your right but we as gun enthusiast have zero patience and let's be honest we shouldn't have to jump through these hoops it's really a broken process.

pdog109

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2023
    San Angelo
    We can't pay extra for rapid approval (strange thats not another revenue arm for them).

True, I feel like i already wasted 200 dollars on a tax stamp, so whats throwing more money anyway. Where does that 200 dollars go anyway? I assumed the 200 dollar tax stamp was a one time thing, it hurt me to find out out its a 200 dollar tax stamp for each suppressor you want to buy. And i bought the 25 dollar trust thing, wtf is that anyway. I just ordered two suppressors last week, maybe i'll get in time for a christmas present to my self lol.

Top Bottom