gun.

Any examples?
    Target Sports

TKG

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I'd love to see this too. The sounds of a pistol popping off in my hallway doesn't sound pleasant, but always was scared about the legal repercussions by keeping the can on.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Don't know of any case law. A good shoot is a good shoot.

this gets iffy I.e. becomes an issue, when the hoot is questionable

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Agreed. So long as the shoot is justifiable/legal, then it -really- doesn't matter whether or not a suppressed firearm is involved, so long as the can is registered to or owned by you or someone in the residence/building.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    What, you don't want to suffer hearing loss in order to defend yourself with a gun inside your own home? Doesn't sound like much of a legal problem to me. Deadly force is deadly force, if used within the law to defend yourself, then there is no trouble. What are they going to say, "We know you used a gun to defend yourself, but we don't think it was loud enough. We think it should have been louder, so you have to go to jail?" We maybe some day it may get that far...

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    There is a valid, proven, and accepted case for the use of a suppressor for health care and safety issues. Shooting a gun in a confined space without ear protection or a suppressor is hazardous to your health. I keep a suppressor on my night stand gun every night.. now.. trying to find a micro-vault type safe that is deep enough for my 9mm with the suppressor on it when I move into my new house with my new family to keep the gun from the 6 year old.... I wish there was a good biometric or combination wall locker that would hold my integrally suppressed 300 BLK for a bedroom gun.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    That hearing loss thing is blown way out of perspective in my opinion.

I think that the awkwardness of using a can on the end of a pistol would be more concerning to me that a possibility of hearing loss.

Remember our fighting men have been engaged in house to house combat for generations without it, and many refuse to wear it now due to the downside of not hearing their adversary. Yeah some suffered hearing loss, but its not like you will go permanently deaf after a few rounds. Most HD situation don't turn into long drawn out firefights.

Would not practice live fire without it, but definitely would not use a can or put on non-electronic hearing protection in that situation.

Offcamber

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Fort Worth
    There is a valid, proven, and accepted case for the use of a suppressor for health care and safety issues. Shooting a gun in a confined space without ear protection or a suppressor is hazardous to your health. I keep a suppressor on my night stand gun every night.. now.. trying to find a micro-vault type safe that is deep enough for my 9mm with the suppressor on it when I move into my new house with my new family to keep the gun from the 6 year old.... I wish there was a good biometric or combination wall locker that would hold my integrally suppressed 300 BLK for a bedroom gun.

It should fit in the Sentry Safe Home Defense Center

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston

I think that the awkwardness of using a can on the end of a pistol would be more concerning to me that a possibility of hearing loss.

Remember our fighting men have been engaged in house to house combat for generations without it, and many refuse to wear it now due to the downside of not hearing their adversary. Yeah some suffered hearing loss, but its not like you will go permanently deaf after a few rounds. Most HD situation don't turn into long drawn out firefights.

Would not practice live fire without it, but definitely would not use a can or put on non-electronic hearing protection in that situation.

Agreed, I wouldn't even consider having a suppressor on my HD pistols, but I was thinking more along the lines of a suppressor on a HD 10.5" AR.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX

Every round that you fire without hearing protection leads to some permanent hearing loss. I met so many senior NCO's in Iraq who were wearing hearing aides it was pretty sad. And I am talking about youngish first sergeant types who had been SF or rangers and now were stuck in signal battalions because of their hearing loss. I think that ignoring hearing loss is a bad idea myself. I have no problem operating round my house with my M&P or Glock 19 with the SWR Octane 9 HD attached.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    It should fit in the Sentry Safe Home Defense Center

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, I don't need another safe. My fiance would kill me if I got a 3rd full sized safe for the house. I just need something for the nightstand to mount under the bed. Thanks though. It is freaking sweet though..

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Every round that you fire without hearing protection leads to some permanent hearing loss. I met so many senior NCO's in Iraq who were wearing hearing aides it was pretty sad. And I am talking about youngish first sergeant types who had been SF or rangers and now were stuck in signal battalions because of their hearing loss. I think that ignoring hearing loss is a bad idea myself. I have no problem operating round my house with my M&P or Glock 19 with the SWR Octane 9 HD attached.

So you saying those guys fired their weapons more than a dozen rounds in their military careers without hearing protection? I would guess those guys had been in quite a few engagements, not just one home defense situation. Small price to pay in my book for being able to stay alive.

That every round remark reeks of nanny state thought process. You said you met those folks, any experience in the military yourself with it firsthand??

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    What, you don't want to suffer hearing loss in order to defend yourself with a gun inside your own home? Doesn't sound like much of a legal problem to me. Deadly force is deadly force, if used within the law to defend yourself, then there is no trouble. What are they going to say, "We know you used a gun to defend yourself, but we don't think it was loud enough. We think it should have been louder, so you have to go to jail?" We maybe some day it may get that far...

I've been in 2 shootings at work. My hearing is still there - wait what did you say?

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    Ditto. Nice can btw, I love mine. I think a suppressed SBR in a pistol cal makes a lot of sense in a home protection situation. When I was under 25, I couldn't give a damn about hearing loss. Then I got old enough to start to notice that all the stupid shit I have done to myself adds up over time. I'd like to keep my hearing as long as possible Do you think you're gonna hear the bad guy AFTER you pop off a round at him in your home? Think again. I have electronic ear-pro next to by bed for that reason.

Top Bottom