• ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Seeking serious info replies here.

Last Saturday I went to a private event in South Texas, held in a privately-owned "community center" not on public property, which displayed the two new (to me) White "No Licensed Concealed Handguns "and "No Open Carry" posters. Sorry, i don't have the specific wording, but neither was the RED "51%" sign.

What would / could happen if someone with Texas concealed carry permit would be ID'd inside while carrying ?

Sincere replies will be appreciated.

leVieux
    ARJ Defense ad

Daley_G

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2021
    Cypress
    Asked to leave or possibly cited for trespassing.
    That's really about it. Not having proper signage covers you in the sense that you can't be prosecuted for carrying, but given that it's their property they can ask you to leave because they don't like your blue shirt - just like you can ask anyone to leave your property because, well, it's your property. Like Axxe55 said - your only concern is trespassing and that's only if you don't leave.

All this is assuming no other outstanding factors like 51%, sports/gambling, etc.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    That's really about it. Not having proper signage covers you in the sense that you can't be prosecuted for carrying, but given that it's their property they can ask you to leave because they don't like your blue shirt - just like you can ask anyone to leave your property because, well, it's your property. Like Axxe55 said - your only concern is trespassing and that's only if you don't leave.

All this is assuming no other outstanding factors like 51%, sports/gambling, etc.
    Unless the signage meets the legal statutes, I'm doubtful any prosecution could take place.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Seeking serious info replies here.

Last Saturday I went to a private event in South Texas, held in a privately-owned "community center" not on public property, which displayed the two new (to me) White "No Licensed Concealed Handguns "and "No Open Carry" posters. Sorry, i don't have the specific wording, but neither was the RED "51%" sign.

What would / could happen if someone with Texas concealed carry permit would be ID'd inside while carrying ?

Sincere replies will be appreciated.

leVieux
    The "No licensed Concealed Handguns" has no legal bearing for LTC but actually might encourage concealed carry under constitutional carry.
    The "No Open Carry" might (untested yet) be legal to bar open carry under constitutional carry but not under LTC.
    In any event the sponsors of this event have no understanding of Texas laws and could cite you for trespass if you refuse to leave after given verbal orders to leave if you then refused departure.

Jarine88

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    Tomball
    Prior to Constitutional Carry going into effect, we had 3 legal signs: 51%, 30.06 (no concealed carry) and 30.07 (no open carry).

Were these the signs? Or were they truly new?

dfe21f72a8895dbebc0bc88deb425d6c.webp

acc7a7de65aedb0a70f2e927c5f009c0.webp

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    For licensed carry, 30.06 and 30.07 are still the legally binding signage. Anything else is invalid and does not count as a legal "notification", although they can still verbally ask you to leave or pass you a note asking you to leave.

30.05 is the new standard for unlicensed carry, and it doesn't have the same wording requirements the licensed carry signs do. I'm pretty sure the 51% signs are still valid, but I could be mistaken on that one.

But the biggest point here is...any other signage is as legally binding as a vintage Farrah Fawcett poster.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    For licensed carry, 30.06 and 30.07 are still the legally binding signage. Anything else is invalid and does not count as a legal "notification", although they can still verbally ask you to leave or pass you a note asking you to leave.

30.05 is the new standard for unlicensed carry, and it doesn't have the same wording requirements the licensed carry signs do. I'm pretty sure the 51% signs are still valid, but I could be mistaken on that one.

But the biggest point here is...any other signage is as legally binding as a vintage Farrah Fawcett poster.
    Wished I still had my vintage Farrah Fawcett poster!

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    And how would they see your concealed firearm?.....

They had a "security" guy, a Deputy who looked like he was equipped to assault a NAZI pillbox.

I have been on a crusade to explain to people who put those notices up exactly what they do and don't do. Most are too dumb to understand the explanations, and insist that they keep armed criminals away. . . . . . .

A while back someone posted a link to an explanation of current Texas signage; does anyone still have that link?

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    They had a "security" guy, a Deputy who looked like he was equipped to assault a NAZI pillbox.

I have been on a crusade to explain to people who put those notices up exactly what they do and don't do. Most are too dumb to understand the explanations, and insist that they keep armed criminals away. . . . . . .

A while back someone posted a link to an explanation of current Texas signage; does anyone still have that link?
    Please quit your crusade. Teaching people to put up legal signs to prevent entry is not what is a benefit to 2A carriers. Better for them to post non-prosecutable signs.
    Signage is on page 14..

Attachments

• TXCC-Guide-Single-Pg-Digital.pdf
      2.6 MB · Views: 98

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019

And pray tell just how many have changed and stopped putting up signage?

If the business or store is part of a chain, or corporation, the signs may because of company policies, or for insurance reasons. If that is the case, your crusade is pretty much wasted effort on your part.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I have been on a crusade to explain to people who put those notices up exactly what they do and don't do.
    Please quit your crusade. Teaching people to put up legal signs to prevent entry is not what is a benefit to 2A carriers.
    I have been known to take a middle route in these situations. I remember one business that had a properly worded 30.06 sign propped up on a stand at the reception desk. However, it wasn't legal; the text was about 3/8" high.

After I had finished my business there, I picked up the sign, showed it to the manager, and thanked him for so clearly welcoming concealed carriers in his business by using a non-compliant sign. I complimented him on finding a way to silence the stupid anti-gun people while letting us concealed carriers know that it was perfectly OK to carry a firearm on the premises.

While he still had a very confused look on his face, before he could parse out my words, I bade him farewell and walked out the door.

It might not have been a good idea (Rotor, I understand where you're coming from.) but it was sufficiently amusing to me that I indulged myself.

As an addendum, I know I did no harm because they never changed the sign. I continued to carry concealed in that establishment and never had a problem.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

Was he actively patting down or wanding people? If not, my initial question stands....

....and "correcting" the signs is useless and futile. Don't give the opposition helpful hints....

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Please quit your crusade. Teaching people to put up legal signs to prevent entry is not what is a benefit to 2A carriers. Better for them to post non-prosecutable signs.
    Signage is on page 14..

Thank you for the link(s).

In the specific case I described, I was more interested in potential penalties. My Son who is a LEO, was also there, well-armed, and a much better shot than I, anyway.

As I live in a very small town, often the business is the ONLY one of its kind convenient to me; and, I seek to educate, b/c the more who actually UNDERSTAND, the better off we'll all be.

leVieux

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom