• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    I just recieved some new sights for my Sig SP2022, and was wondering if the use of the SIg sight tool is the only way to switch these out?? Expensive tool. There are not many gunsmiths in this area, so was wanting to do it myself. If I did take to a gunsmith, what's a fair price they would ask to do this for me??

Thanks all for any help....
    Hurley's Gold

cseale86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    East Houston
    i would'nt say much more that 25 bucks for a smith to install them. Otherwise watch a few youtube videos and get yourself a non-marring punch and go to town.

Night sights are pretty hearty despite belief,the only sights ive ever messed up were Tru-Glo TFOs on a SpringField XDm and they replaced them.

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    Cool...non-marring, as in brass maybe? Could I get that kind of punch at Lowes or would I need to get it at a gun tool site?

cseale86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    East Houston
    You need something like a hard plastic or nylon punch. Lowes may have it but i've honestly never looked.

I buy XS sights for all my pistols and they come with a short punch for install.

A brass punch would work ok for taking them out but the reinstall may mess them up a little.

Just be careful and take your time and mind your strikes i wooped one of my XDs pretty good because those sights are a B&*%$ to get out and back in without the tool.

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    Ok....plastic or nylon...will look around....actually, will contact the gunsmith nearby tomorrow and see if he can do it.....rather not mess up my gun....thanks for the great info.

Top Bottom