• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    It is 1000 feet, not yards. Where did you find the firearm locked up and inaccessible? Did I miss that in the law? I didn't think that was a get home free card. I don't think people get arrested for this unless they are violating some other law but who knows.
    No, you can't be on school property I think.
    Like my CHL instructor told us, if nobody knows you have it, then it's legal.

Now think about this. If there is an active shooter at school and you just happen to be in the area, can you go in and rectify the situation?

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    No, you can't be on school property I think.
    Like my CHL instructor told us, if nobody knows you have it, then it's legal.
    What exactly do you mean by property? You can't be in any school buildings but you sure can drop your kids off at school if you have an LTC and are carrying (must be a Texas LTC in Texas-not another state LTC). Technically if you are carrying permitless or by automobile carry (before permitless carry) you are illegal within 1000 feet of a school (Federal law). There is a question of whether Federal law is constitutional without published maps showing the border of 1000 feet. Note, people who live within this boundary have certain exemptions. Even with an LTC you can't enter school buildings unless you have written permission such as school guardians. Believe I have this all correct.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    What exactly do you mean by property? You can't be in any school buildings but you sure can drop your kids off at school if you have an LTC and are carrying (must be a Texas LTC in Texas-not another state LTC). Technically if you are carrying permitless or by automobile carry (before permitless carry) you are illegal within 1000 feet of a school (Federal law). There is a question of whether Federal law is constitutional without published maps showing the border of 1000 feet. Note, people who live within this boundary have certain exemptions. Even with an LTC you can't enter school buildings unless you have written permission such as school guardians. Believe I have this all correct.

I didn't know about this.

I can't leave my subdivision without passing within a 1000 feet of a school.

Top Bottom