• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Unfortunately an officer and bystander were murdered.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj7-rep...virginia-tech-campus-20111208,0,7258349.story

Collin Goddard and co. were just there pushing to ban guns on college campuses (They are already banned at VT). More gun control drama is sure to follow. I'm sure his next strategy is to claim the ban wasn't strict enough because of pro-freedom advocates interfering and push for even more gun control. He'll also use it as an example of how even a "Highly-trained professional" wasn't protected by his gun.

If the cops don't catch this guy fast there are going to be a few thousand terrified students out there who feel like they are stuck between defending their lives and breaking the law.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Well this is just a damn shame. I hope there is no need for a trial concerning all involved perps. Prayers to the victims and their families.

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    From a tweet of a student: "VaTech is on lockdown," "Hoping we don't have repeat of the past. What part of no guns at school is apparently hard to get."

As a former Virginia Tech student myself, my question is, if all the law abiding citizens and students had guns, would this guy still be on the run? Allow people to defend themselves! Taking away someones right to defense is crazy.

If all guns are outlawed, only the outlaws will have guns.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    From a tweet of a student: "VaTech is on lockdown," "Hoping we don't have repeat of the past. What part of no guns at school is apparently hard to get."

What part of ________ is apparently hard to get:

1) murder is illegal
    2) rape is illegal
    3) shooting traffic cops is illegal
    4) molesting children is illegal
    5) kidnapping is illegal
    6) etc

Stupid criminals. They just don't get it. If they only "got it" we'd all be safe.

Freakin' Polly Anna VA Tech idiot, living in the land of free blowjobs and lollipops for everyone.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    The system was also put to the test in 2008, when an exploding nail gun cartridge was mistaken for gunfire. Only one dorm was locked down during that emergency, and it reopened two hours later

Am I to believe their strategy for dealing with a shooter is to lock him inside a building full of defenseless victims?!

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    It compartmentalizes the damage dontcha know.

Maybe the cell phone videos of people jumping to their deaths to avoid being shot will cause them to re-think their strategy. You'd think they'd learn from Columbine that leaving defenseless people trapped inside with armed murderers isn't a very good approach...

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    "Well, if it's a gun-free zone then it is less likely that something like this would happen. Police are good about responding and can probably take care of the issue effectively. If everyone were allowed to carry on campus, then incidents like this would be more prone to happening. And seriously, if someone started shooting and then every CHL holder pulled a gun, it would just turn into a hail of gunfire. I say that because it statistically makes sense that more guns would create more problems."

That ^^^^ is what I hear whenever I argue with people who are against being able to defend themselves and exercising their rights. A lot of people are ignorant to legal gun ownership, but there are, of course, stupid people as well. It's tough arguing with people who are convinced that guns are the result of violence, who also go watch the newest most-violent movie in theaters with their young children.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    In no way I believe a person, who can carry a handgun anywhere else in and among the public, becomes more dangerous or stupid the moment they step on the grounds or inside the building of a college or university.

What makes these places different than Walmart, Target, Malls, Movie Theaters etc when it comes to police response or the response of a group or individual of CHL holders?

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I guess I should've put quotations around the top of it. That whole paragraph is basically quoting what I hear when I argue with people about this issue. I am absolutely 100% for being able to carry a concealed handgun on campus. In fact, this is actually one political issue where I can honestly say I'm "passionate" about.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    I guess I should've put quotations around the top of it. That whole paragraph is basically quoting what I hear when I argue with people about this issue. I am absolutely 100% for being able to carry a concealed handgun on campus. In fact, this is actually one political issue where I can honestly say I'm "passionate" about.

I am so happy you explained that....I'd go edit it because I was like "WTF?!??!"

Top Bottom