• ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Steel Glock:

OnyxATX and I went out and shot some of his steel last weekend. It was a good time.

Overall im happy with my performance. Steel forces me to shoot farther out than I usually do and that is a good thing. We shot from around 20 to almost 40 yards compared to me usually shooting within 10 yards.

The only thing im noticing is i have a lot of head movement here. I need to study on that and try to determine if I am just responding to the recoil or if I am trying to chase the sights.

These targets are 12x20". Ive got an 8" circle on my list. That is the size of the down zero center of an IDPA target.

Anyways. Shooting steel is fun. OnyxATX is a good friend and this was a good range trip as it forced me to shoot much farther out than normal.
    ARJ Defense ad

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    So I take and post video like this to improve, I know Im not a competition level shooter. I am happy with how ive improved but i want to keep improving. Thanks for any constructive input.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Sounds like you are analyzing pretty good yourself.
    There are better coaches than me by far, but I agree.
    Maybe concentrate more on target instead of sights.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Sounds like you are analyzing pretty good yourself.
    There are better coaches than me by far, but I agree.
    Maybe concentrate more on target instead of sights.
    Ive learned pretty good sight focus. Military taught a hard front sight focus and it was needed for what we were doing. I understand point shooters dont use the sights and just shoot instinctively. Then there is the "soft focus" where you kind of see both at once but neither perfectly. It is a spectrum and you need to be able to shift up and down and use the middle as well.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Shooting from near 40 yards I had to slow down to around 1 second per shot. The video shows around 0.35 average. I "can" shoot faster but it is beyond my accuracy ability at that range. Im always saying I need to shoot at greater distances this made me do it. Now to get that 8" circle :)

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    here is some shooting I did with my G26
    love the sound of steel ringing out.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Bahh I've got to get out and shoot with you guys sometime. I miss making it to Fri lunches and seeing you guys. BTW BC, where you at Red's South like 3 or 4 weeks ago? I swear I saw you like two lanes down from me. I was there testing my AR trigger mods.

Top Bottom