• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brent

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    LA, California
    I have family in Georgetown that i will be visiting. I am looking for a place to shoot some mil-surp rifles. I checked out the range info, but i not a big fan of all the restrictions. Is there something like public land around the Austin area where i can do some plinking? In California i go out to BLM land. Its wide open, no ammo restrictions, RO's, crowds etc... I am really excited to come to Texas for the first time. If i can find wide open space to shoot in the LA area, i sure there must be plenty of places near Austin to do the same. Any other info about shooting in Texas is welcomed. I defintily plan to bring my C&R license and do some shopping. I know theres a Cabelas in Buda. Anywhere else i should go... I will post his in the Rifles section too. Thanks​
    Guns International

redfred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    La Porte
    Check out www.wheretoshoot.org to find ranges, gun clubs and other facilities. There is some public land near Georgetown where I hunt from time to time near Lake Georgetown, but I think you need a permit. A lot of the public hunting land doesn't allow target practice, but here's some info with contact information for a lot of the lakes in Texas. http://www.swf.usace.army.mil/pubdata/ops/recnres/HUNTGUIDE08-09final.pdf
    As far as shopping goes, if you make it to Ft Worth, go to Military Gun Supply. If you like old military arms (from WWII through current, you'll love that place. You might have to wipe some of my drool off some of the guns. www.militarygunsupply.com.
    Good luck, and welcome to Texas!

Top Bottom