• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Built this nice strong solid lumber rack. Its suspended by heavy duty chains from a grandfather clock. Like I always say about stuff I build it helps to work at a cabinet shop, I bring home all kinds of stuff.

Photo0188..jpg

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Impressive! I wish I had the time to tinker. Too many projects, too few resources.

Just remove the part you don't need and show us what is left over ;)

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I'm wonderin' what's gonna happen when the chain breaks....<SEG> But ignore me - I overbuild to a fare-thee-well! My workshop is a 16 x 20 I built myself in the back yard...the breaker panel is the same size as the one in my HOUSE! ;)

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Chains are doubled, always good to over engineer then to under. I need to hang more shop lights under there, too many dark areas. I got my planer setup, now I need to run power to it, and then start building my air delivery system.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    My problem is I do a little of everything - wood, steel, and guns. I've always preferred doin' steel to wood, but like doin' some of the wood as well. I built the shop myself, includin' double dutch doors out of tongue-and-groove cedar. Interior is 9' ceilings, 2 - 8' shop lights, fully insulated. (2) duplex outlets every 4', at 46" height, each "home-runned" back to the breaker box - no dimming lights when you kick on a big motor in THIS shop! (3) 220 vac outlets as well - an' a pair of duplexed exterior outlets, too. Ya don't wanna know what I spent buiding it, but it was worth every cent IMO!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    the main problem is people live too far away to help out.:banghead:

Be thankful. When I was building mine, I had "help" twice. First one, I finally ran off about halfway through the day - he spent half the time questioning why I was doing things the way I was. <note that this ain't the first thing I've built.....he'd never even built a doghouse>. Second time WAS better - son an' a neighbor helped me put the shingles on.

Top Bottom