• ...and so much more!
  • Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    "The Armed Forces will open all roles to women - including combat"

I have visions, implanted in my brain and I'll never forget it, of the black female truck driver that was captured by saddam in the 1st few days of that conflict and I'm trying to imagine how this is scaring the hell outta the IS morons

what's next, pre-teens ? jesus, what the heck is the matter with US ? I'm glad that I'm old !
    Texas SOT

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sent to me by a fellow veteran and old fart:

I am over 60 and the Armed Forces thinks I'm too old to track down terrorists. You can't be older than 42 to join the military. They've got the whole thing backwards.

Instead of sending 18-year olds off to fight, they ought to take us old guys. You shouldn't be able to join a military unit until you're at least 35.

For starters, researchers say 18-year-olds think about sex every ten seconds. Old guys only think about sex a couple of times a month, leaving us more than 280,000 additional seconds per day to concentrate on the enemy.

Young guys haven't lived long enough to be cranky, and a cranky soldier is a dangerous soldier. "My back hurts! I can't sleep, I'm tired and hungry." We're bad-tempered and impatient, and maybe letting us kill some asshole that desperately deserves it will make us feel better and shut us up for a while.....

An 18-year-old doesn't even like to get up before 10am. Old guys always get up early to pee, so what the hell. Besides, like I said, I'm tired and can't sleep and since I'm already up, I may as well be up killing some fanatical son-of-a-bitch.

If captured we couldn't spill the beans because we'd forget where we put them. In fact, name, rank, and serial number would be a real brainteaser.

Boot camp would be easier for old guys.... We're used to getting screamed and yelled at and we're used to soft food. We've also developed an appreciation for guns. We've been using them for years as an excuse to get out of the house, away from the screaming and yelling.

They could lighten up on the obstacle course however..... I've been in combat and never saw a single 20-foot wall with rope hanging over the side, nor did I ever do any push-ups after completing basic training.

Actually, the running part is kind of a waste of energy, too..... I've never seen anyone outrun a bullet.

An 18-year-old has the whole world ahead of him. He's still learning to shave or to start a conversation with a pretty girl. He still hasn't figured out that a baseball cap has a brim to shade his eyes, not the back of his head.

These are all great reasons to keep our kids at home to learn a little more about life before sending them off into harm's way.

Let us old guys track down those terrorists..... The last thing an enemy would want to see is a couple million hacked off old farts with bad attitudes and automatic weapons, who know that their best years are already behind them.

HEY!! How about recruiting Women over 50.... in menopause! You think MEN have attitudes? Ohhhhhhhh my goodness!!! If nothing else, put them on border patrol. They'll have it secured the first night!

Send this to all of your senior friends in big type so they can read it.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    "The Armed Forces will open all roles to women - including combat"
    I don't have an issue with allowing women into combat, but a problem arises if they lower the testing standards. I know some women that are more than capable, but they are in the minority. Some men aren't physically suited for combat either. You have to be able to fireman's carry the largest person in your group at least a hundred yards.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    The reason they want young kids is so they can train (brainwash) them and because they're more likely to do precisely what they're told without thinking about it plus they're less world-savvy. We old bastards are too stubborn and experienced to let them f*** with our minds like that.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Lots of flaws in your logic there mike.

Might wanna consider the physical limitations that come with age.

You are speaking of things you don't understand again.

I'll say no more.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    A lot of truth to what you wrote, Younggun, but that doesn't make me completely wrong. BTW, I won't be posting anymore tonight because I'm getting tired... don't want to make a COMPLETE a$$ of myself... AGAIN!!:D

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The reason they want young kids is so they can train (brainwash) them and because they're more likely to do precisely what they're told without thinking about it plus they're less world-savvy. We old bastards are too stubborn and experienced to let them f*** with our minds like that.

Ah, but that kid will, sooner or later, come across an old E-5 or E-6 who has seen it all, done it all, who doesn't give a flying rat's ass what some REMF says and will straighten the kid out.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    The Army, at least, will lower standards. They always have, and they always will.

Yep. "Project 100,000" was a good example.

Bad in ways that are still being paid for to this day.

Not to mention those of us who had to deal with implementing it on the battle field.

Personally, and given the opportunity, I would have tried McNamara instead of Calley...

Top Bottom