• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John Chambers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Round Rock
    All I can say is what a great group of warriors and what an excellent class!! Hard work, good comraderie, and excellent prep: every student brought a zeroed rifle!
    biggrin.gif

Lessons learned:

1. Just because the bitchin' guys use it does not mean fits the mission of the insurgent rifleman. Massive tactical vests, single point slings, and drop leg holsters are not realistic kit for most of us in a civvie setting. By the 2nd day of 100+ heat, most of the bitchin' guy gear had been simplified.

2. Keep it light and simple. Simple rifles with good optics, TIB figiting bags, and simple chest rigs with just ammo, BOK, and blade are a good fit for most users. Additional kit is easily kept in an assault bag.

3. There are still some lots of Wolf 7.62 floating around with bad primers. Use it for training, but keep the Cor-Bon and Hornady for killing.

4. I love the 7.62 X 39, but damn the 5.45 is great in a CQB weapon! Accurate, effective with good ammo, and practically recoiless. And practice ammo is CHEAP!!! Everyone should have one of each, at a minimum.

5. Haji shirt clad targets, AKs, good people, and BBQ pig make some folks nervous. But it makes all of us feel right at home!! It was a great way to end the first day of training. Thanks to everyone for the hard work, you all made my job an absolute pleasure!!!

Full AAR can be found here: Liberty Hill KRG with John Chambers

attachment.php

Guns International

Top Bottom