• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I have (or used to have) self-defense legal coverage...

• with Conifer Insurance CCW Advantage (please post why you chose them over the others)

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • with NRA related, e.g. Carry Guard (please post why you chose them over the others)

• with Second Call Defense (please post why you chose them over the others)

• with "X" but changed to "Y" (please post why changed)

• but chose to drop it without choosing another one (please post why)

• Total voters

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    I know this subject has already been kicked around a lot but I didn't see one with a good poll.
    I would appreciate your recommendations, experience with, and/or thoughts on this subject.

It appears that about half of TGT members carry such insurance. I have scoffed at the idea of carrying such insurance in the past but am reconsidering... Coverage for possibly $1/day seems wise to cover the potential loss of $60k to $100k legal fees of even a justified shooting... And even if found not guilty, I guess that money would be gone unless a countersuit was filed.

Supplemental threads:

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I used USCCA because their available information made the coverage look more proactive - most of the others mentioned reimbursement, which is not a realistic strategy for me. USCCA stated that they would cover the legal costs rather than sticking me with the bill then reimbursing me.

Sadly, I haven't been able to afford their coverage for a couple of years now.

crystalphoto

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2022
    Bethune, South Carolina
    I chose USCCA because at the time, there were only one or two other choices (NRA hadn't even developed their program yet) and they offered better benefits, training offers, better coverage, and immediate attorney coverage. I am still with them, and don't see any reason to change.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Just be sure you don't get in that damn trap of "reimbursement". You will prolly not have available the $$$$ needed at the time to even pony up to be reimbursed on. I don't have at least $10,000 to put up front, do you ??

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    None of these things are insurance; they are all legal services plans at best. Due diligence is required, read all the fine print, terms, and conditions.

This program seems to be one of the lesser known but higher quality options. I don’t use or endorse them or any other LSP.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Nobody really knows unless they have personally used them or knew someone who has. My priority is having one that takes care of me upfront and doesn't just reimburse the thousands out of my pocket. I have Texas Law Shield only because they showed up during my LTC class a few years ago. Like any insurance or even a spare tire, I hope I never need either one but am glad it's there if I do.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    I like dealing with Self Defense Fund because they have such great success representing the Open Carry Texas members in the beginning when they were getting harassed by certain departments violating 4th, 2nd, and 5th amendment rights. CJ Grisham is also an attorney for this legal plan.

Thanks cbp210. This edited link worked better for me:

Gold plan $49.95/month:
    Unlimited Attorney Fees +$10 Million For Extras + Civil Judgement Up To $10 Million Aggregate

Silver plan $24.95/month:
    Unlimited Attorney Fees +$5 Million For Extras + Civil Judgement Up To $5 Million Aggregate

Bronze plan $12.50/month:
    Unlimited Attorney Fees +$1 Million For Extras Aggregate. Plan Does Not Cover Civil Judgement

There are also the options to pay annually instead of monthly but I don’t see any savings in doing so.

Follow the link for more detailed info.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mosingirl
    Top Bottom