• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GaryH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Cowtown
    I'm old. My eyesight isn't what it used to be. I have a hard time seeing the holes at 25' and forget it at 50'. I'm using scopes on my .22 rifles now, and I'm looking for ways to make my sights easier to see on my pistols. I've used white paint, and even cheated with a red dot sight on occasion. I'm even thinking of getting a scope to look at the holes in the targets, and when I go to the range I'm almost embarrassed to have to resort to such things. When I was a kid I was the best grasshopper hunter with a BB gun in the country.

What extremes do other old folks go to in order to compensate for lost vision?
    Gun Zone Deals

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    These work wonders. You can get small target packs at TSC for bb guns. Work the same with 22lr.

Before
    cd6eb98b72215b2838acfe394ffc6a76.image.495x550.jpg

After

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFBI1E-SL79EbBQrz4-T1KGku4ZU6ymsE0zOLarSZNw5UlXJHvjaKKoIQy.jpg

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    I'm only 60 and have a tough time with iron sights at 100 yards and more. Three of my hunting rifles have scopes but that is it.
    When target shooting I use Dirty Bird or Shoot n see at 25 yrds or less w/handguns.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I am now using a spotting scope to look at targets after shooting. I just can't see them anymore.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I can see fine with my glasses (sarcasm!). Bottom halves allow me to see great out to about 2 ft. then the top halves take me out to long range. Guess where the damn front sight falls on most of my long guns ........... about 2 1/2 ft. from my eyes (+/-)! I sit there tryin' to figure out wether to look through the bottom or top to get the sight picture. And then there's the sun. The range at the ranch where we shoot faces due West! (topography mandates this direction). Oh well............

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I am far-sighted when wearing my contacts (blind without), so I have problems with my pistol sights as well.....it sux!

Top Bottom