• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schue

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    FT Hood
    I just recently took my CHL course through Secure CHL in Plano. I wanted to share my experience.

The instructor was great, knowledgeable, and kept the course interesting. The range fees and photos were included in the course cost. The shooting was done at a private range and all CHL attendees used a private range reserved for only the course attendees. The CHL instructor was also the range officer and the shooting procedures and range facility were very good and very safe.

The instructer helped each student complete their CHL paperwork and ensure that their packets were completed correctly.

The course lasted around 10 hours and the shooting was completed mid-day to break up the lecture part of the course so that people were kept attentive. If anyone is interested in completing the CHL course, look up Secure CHL.

I give it two thumbs up!
    Texas SOT

prometheus

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Rockwall
    Did they offer digital fingerprinting or ink prints? I only ask because Austin is getting stupid about prints and though both types are acceptable, 50% of ink prints get kicked back, whereas digital prints have a much higher success rate.

"When SHTF, If A has bullets but no food, and B has food but no bullets, then A has food."

Schue

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    FT Hood
    No. The fingerprints were done digitally at L-1 Identity Solutions for about 10 dollars. The course included; 10 hour classroom instruction, range fees, photos, and notarizing of any additional documents.

I did the fingerprints a few days before the course and it took about 3 minutes. All of my fingerprints showed between a 95% and 98% pass rate.

prometheus

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Rockwall
    Wow, good deal! My CHL instructor screwed me and after doing some research, had to scramble to get the right prints. The digital ones they do at the texas handgun academy in garland are just as good and i think theyre actually cheaper.

"When SHTF, If A has bullets but no food, and B has food but no bullets, then A has food."

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    Wow, good deal! My CHL instructor screwed me and after doing some research, had to scramble to get the right prints. The digital ones they do at the texas handgun academy in garland are just as good and i think theyre actually cheaper.

Is TX handgun affiliated with L1? I believe they are the only company authorized to submit digital prints.

prometheus

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Rockwall
    Theyre not affiliated with L1 and they dont directly submit the prints like L1 does, but they use the same software and actally print out your cards to enclose in your packet.

prometheus

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Rockwall
    Didnt realize a new rule went into effect in march, i guess L1 is the only way to go now, i was referring to back when i got my plastic a year and a half ago.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom