• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    The shooting range is only 50 ft long. The rifles are single shot Savage MARK I FVT that are very popular with the BSA organization right now. Triggers are no lighter than 2.5 lbs and measured.

My first target I shot I could completely cover the 10 round group with a quarter. To get the "Marksman Merit Badge" the goal is 5 shots touching a quarter. Most all boys, unless physically challenged, make that goal in the week.

The Range Officer, great older guy, was impressed. He said some of the scouts can shoot a group that touch the radius of a dime. I told him my goal was to shoot a 10 round group that would fit under a dime.

That said here's my 2nd target after picking up a rifle and shooting. 10 rounds that fit comfortably under a dime. Range Officer was so impressed he signed it.

Some other pics of Wisconsin North. Weather stayed mid 80s highs and low 60s at night.

My son took the whole week learning whitewater kayaking.

We also shot black powder rifles. They gave us three round led ball shots and handed us a different rifle each shot. I hit a 2 liter bottle my 2nd shot. The others were misses. If I had the same rifle, loaded the same way, and another round to get used to it I may have done better.

c2rgdC.jpg

Unyhcp.jpg

7IjRCu.jpg

HljVs7.jpg
    Lynx Defense

Top Bottom