• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    And how is he a traitor? Do you know his history on public health care? Obviously no.

Research and see why may have said what he did. Or at least know his track record.

Freedom1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    I seriously doubt that is what he was saying. And that video was probably produced and released by a liberal left group that was against Scott.

Freedom1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    And how is he a traitor? Do you know his history on public health care? Obviously no.

Research and see why may have said what he did. Or at least know his track record.
    Along with your comments. That video was only a small edited portion of an obviously larger piece. What was said before this video started. What is the full context of what he said. The libtards are pros at using sound bites and twisting words and using things out of context.
    I would have to see this entire speech from beginning to end before I made such a judgment.

Posit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    He is absolutely right. We have to change health care, if for no other reason than we can't afford the continuing rate of cost increases. What we need is a well thought out plan - not the patchwork, please-everyone, POS the Dems are trying to ram through. Agree the video was produced by an organization with an extreme agenda--

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    What we have to do with healthcare is get the government out of it. The cost increases are due to interference from the government, insurance companies, AMA, frivelous lawsuits, etc. If left alone, it would be just like the market. It would take care of itself.

Also, a while back, people started using insurance for just everything. Insurance was meant to pay for things that were catastrophic. If you break your leg, write a check and pay the hospital and the doc. Don't make a claim for just everything. That's one reason why insurance costs so much and why medical costs are up. Just one reason.

mrseatle

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2009
    SW Houston
    Traitor to The Constitution of The United States... Just like the NRA, FFL's, CHL holders, etc, etc...

According to my sources, he supports legislation that requires a permit or license for Gun Possession, and supports background checks on private gun sales...

Scott Brown on Gun Control

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    Health Care - then Senator Brown..

First, health care. Sure, it's too damn expensive, costs keep rising, getting harder to see a doctor, for me anyway, a Medicare guy. So, let's get the government to do something.

Don't SCRAP the whole system, put in 2,000 pages of mumbo jumbo that even a Philadelphia lawyer can't decipher, and TAX someone who either doesn't want it or has a "Cadillac" plan.

I really like my health care plan. It's Medicare Advantage, yes, the one democrats want to cut out. Gee, wonder why? It is relatively cheap, my generic drugs are FREE, regular doctor visits, FREE, x-rays and blood tests, FREE. I worked for over 50 years to EARN it, why should I now be penalized just because I managed to live this long?

Senator Brown - sure, he would play hell getting elected in Texas. Supports "some" gun control, is pro-choice, and supported the Mass health care. But, HELLLLOOOOO people. He is in the most liberal, gun hating state in the union. He has to do something wrong, to be elected there.

But right now, to me and my top issue, he is Moses with the Tablets. He has saved my bacon, kept democrats from stomping my face in the mud.

I could almost support him for president. Almost.

But, never in Texas.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    What we have to do with healthcare is get the government out of it. The cost increases are due to interference from the government, insurance companies, AMA, frivelous lawsuits, etc. If left alone, it would be just like the market. It would take care of itself.

Also, a while back, people started using insurance for just everything. Insurance was meant to pay for things that were catastrophic. If you break your leg, write a check and pay the hospital and the doc. Don't make a claim for just everything. That's one reason why insurance costs so much and why medical costs are up. Just one reason.

You'[ve gotten closer than most do on Health Care. It's not Health Care Reform, it's Insurance Reform. I absolutly agree, the target has to be the cost of care, not the cost of insurance to pay for inflated care. I look at what we pay every years for insurance, and it's a great plan, and I realize that almost ever year, if we were to pay out of pocket, all of our "care" expenses, at the negotiated rate, we'd save money.

But self pay get's full pop pricing for the most part so we can't afford it. Almost $2000 billed for a routine echo stress test for me, that was reduced to a few hundred for insurance payment. Insane.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    That video is just another one of the twisted out of context bullshit videos being circulated by the tinfoil hat nutjobs. If you listened to the entire speech, he was speaking hypothetically about what congress was up to and asking if that was the right or wrong way to handle it. I'm no Brown cheerleader... but give the guy a chance. Hell, he has to be better than Kennedy.

If you wanna fix healthcare. Get the LAWYERS out of it. Companies and Doctors have to charge many times what they would need to charge to be profitable to cover their asses against frivolous lawsuits. Every day I see another LAWYERETARD on TV telling me that they can sue if I took this pill or that pill and get me money. Delete the lawyers and you fix the problem.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The divide and conquer game of Dem vs. Republican is a losing game. If you think anything will ever change with that mentality, you are only fooling yourself. Take a look back through history and you will see that things have only ever really gotten worse for us overall. Sure, we've been given political table scraps here and there, but as far as the big picture goes we are still headed 180 degrees away from true freedom. Regardless of who the politicians are that are running (and no I'm not referring to Medina here), your choices are boiled down to Soylent Red vs. Soylent Green people! The us vs. them approach never works to our benefit in politics.

Healthcare reform? Sure, we need it. We don't need a government healthcare plan. What we need is for the government to reverse much of the legislation and regulation out there, to stop interfering with healthcare in the manner it has because it is the primary reason for the increases in cost of healthcare. Things didn't use to be this hard or this expensive people. This is the same concept as the government attempting to run our economy. They are neither intelligent enough or capable of doing so, and the end result will be drastically increased legislation, regulation, costs will go through the roof, and we'll all suffer accordingly. Things definitely need to change, but not just change for change sake (there's that word CHANGE).

Would everyone like to know what the problem is? People think our government is there to look out for us, the people. This is basically the original intention behind the federal government. In reality, this is not what our government has become. There is a famous line from the book 1984:

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face....forever."
    What we have in our society is the regulatory jack boot stamping on our faces every second of every day. You want to think about that for awhile before responding. What we do NOT need is more regulation. We need to tear down much of the regulation we have and replace it with a very simple set of rules. Excess in regulation serves only to enslave us. There is absolutely no ethical or moral basis for their being over 22,000 gun laws when 22 would probably serve any needed purpose (I'd prefer 0). To see proof of this, take a look at all the current and proposed regulation in the EU. There is so much, there isn't enough time to even read it all!

The unfunded liabilities of medicare/medicaid/social security will be the destruction of this country financially. They number in the TENS of trillions of dollars if you actually research it a bit. You know what I would much rather have? I'd rather have the government stop regulating every facet of our lives, freeing everyone up to truly go out and make something out of their own lives. If that were to occur, we wouldn't need the government or government programs to support us later in life as we'd have full capability to make ourselves as successful as full and complete freedom entails, and with the ability to ensure our own futures by ourselves. That may be a bit of an idealistic belief, but I still honestly believe it is within everyone's capability of achieving if we just put our minds to it.

Freedom1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    That video is just another one of the twisted out of context bullshit videos being circulated by the tinfoil hat nutjobs. If you listened to the entire speech, he was speaking hypothetically about what congress was up to and asking if that was the right or wrong way to handle it. I'm no Brown cheerleader... but give the guy a chance. Hell, he has to be better than Kennedy.

If you wanna fix healthcare. Get the LAWYERS out of it. Companies and Doctors have to charge many times what they would need to charge to be profitable to cover their asses against frivolous lawsuits. Every day I see another LAWYERETARD on TV telling me that they can sue if I took this pill or that pill and get me money. Delete the lawyers and you fix the problem.

Hay Zem, do you know where to find the full video.
    The one at the start of the post is just a snipit of a larger video, and is twisted out of context (as you pointed out) I would love to see the whole video so I can see what he was really saying and get the truth of it. Then I can pass it on to those who I have talked to about this and let them see what was really said, and let them see it in its full context.

After doing a little investigating, that video originated from one of those extreme far right wack job web sights. The right wing version of the far left Liberal sights, even worse probably than the Huffington Post.

Freedom1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    The divide and conquer game of Dem vs. Republican is a losing game. If you think anything will ever change with that mentality, you are only fooling yourself. Take a look back through history and you will see that things have only ever really gotten worse for us overall. Sure, we've been given political table scraps here and there, but as far as the big picture goes we are still headed 180 degrees away from true freedom. Regardless of who the politicians are that are running (and no I'm not referring to Medina here), your choices are boiled down to Soylent Red vs. Soylent Green people! The us vs. them approach never works to our benefit in politics.

Healthcare reform? Sure, we need it. We don't need a government healthcare plan. What we need is for the government to reverse much of the legislation and regulation out there, to stop interfering with healthcare in the manner it has because it is the primary reason for the increases in cost of healthcare. Things didn't use to be this hard or this expensive people. This is the same concept as the government attempting to run our economy. They are neither intelligent enough or capable of doing so, and the end result will be drastically increased legislation, regulation, costs will go through the roof, and we'll all suffer accordingly. Things definitely need to change, but not just change for change sake (there's that word CHANGE).

Would everyone like to know what the problem is? People think our government is there to look out for us, the people. This is basically the original intention behind the federal government. In reality, this is not what our government has become. There is a famous line from the book 1984:

What we have in our society is the regulatory jack boot stamping on our faces every second of every day. You want to think about that for awhile before responding. What we do NOT need is more regulation. We need to tear down much of the regulation we have and replace it with a very simple set of rules. Excess in regulation serves only to enslave us. There is absolutely no ethical or moral basis for their being over 22,000 gun laws when 22 would probably serve any needed purpose (I'd prefer 0). To see proof of this, take a look at all the current and proposed regulation in the EU. There is so much, there isn't enough time to even read it all!

The unfunded liabilities of medicare/medicaid/social security will be the destruction of this country financially. They number in the TENS of trillions of dollars if you actually research it a bit. You know what I would much rather have? I'd rather have the government stop regulating every facet of our lives, freeing everyone up to truly go out and make something out of their own lives. If that were to occur, we wouldn't need the government or government programs to support us later in life as we'd have full capability to make ourselves as successful as full and complete freedom entails, and with the ability to ensure our own futures by ourselves. That may be a bit of an idealistic belief, but I still honestly believe it is within everyone's capability of achieving if we just put our minds to it.

:patriot: You have hit the nail right on the head. Exactly right.

saltydog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    el paso
    we need to watch Brown to see if he is going to look for a deal similar to what Nebraska got. Brown does not like the HC bill because he is happy with his home states current universal health care plan. the the plan in congress will cost them too much. the only way reid can give them the tax breaks is to give to a republican not a democrat to push the bill through. i hope i am wrong and he really is a true conservative and send that thing down the toilet.

Top Bottom