• kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Get on up to the Dakotas. Lots of money to be made there
    Im having a hard enough time dealing wit the folks here now you want me to go to Indian territory! !! Negros vanish up there, brother plz, plus I have no hair. So scalping means skull
    fragments.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    my son worked for them he made enough to live in there truck /signed a lease with them lost his a__/good luck

I hate trucking companies who become essentially truck sales companies. They create desperate indentured servants instead of loyal employees.

Have two friends who I met while in the Army (transport drivers) who went bright eyed and eager down the "lease to own" road with owner operator dreams sewing visions of prosperity and financial freedom in their heads. Did not end well for either. The stress of being away from home for long periods, lease payments coming off the top, upset wives who were all in at first when the prospect looked good walking out in frustration and defeat when the reality kicked in, further desperation and feelings of being trapped, finally walking away financially and spiritually ruined.

The power these "lease" transport companies exercise over their "employees" is cruel and horrid. I would also add 'should be illegal' but I truly believe in freedom of enterprise and freedom to chose one's own destiny be those decisions good or learning experiences.

Both of my transport buddies have recovered and have long ago moved into more suiting careers with one running his own Farmer's Insurance agency and the other finishing school and working for T.I.

Farmer's agent reconnected with his estranged wife and they have lived happily together ever since adding two beautiful little girls to their lives.

The T.I. guy didn't even want to pursue a reconnection with his ex because she went buck wild during and after the divorce fucking anything with a dick (Farmer's wife did not do this at all. Not even once.). I don't know what ever happened with her but I hope that wherever she is she is suffering the effects of well earned karma for crushing her husband, and my friend's spirit while he was already killing himself trying to provide a roof over her head and a brighter future for them both.

I hate that bitch for what she did to him. I'm getting all pissed off again as I write this today many years after the fact.

I hate that company for what they did to both friends.

I know I should be (and I am) thankful to both the company and the horrid bitch for helping mold these guys into the men they are today but I get very defensive in the face of injustice (evil) and to this day cannot think about the whole ordeal without my blood pressure rising.

Sterling, I apologize for rambling but the topic and rlw454's comment spun me off into flashback mode.

I know that you are highly experienced in the field and I don't want you to take what I have written as a shot at you or your chosen profession because I know you as a dedicated and caring provider and any company whose door you choose to darken is damn lucky to have you there and I know if they don't treat you thusly you will show them your ass walking out so my retelling of my buddies stories was not pointed in your direction at all. Just needed to get it off my chest and maybe at the very least it may convince some of our bright eyed, bushy tailed younger members to take their eyes off the pretty numbers and read the fine print. All of the fine print. With someone who speaks and can translate legalese if necessary.

Good luck to you sir. Have fun, make some money and love your family every chance you get.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I hate trucking companies who become essentially truck sales companies. They create desperate indentured servants instead of loyal employees.

Have two friends who I met while in the Army (transport drivers) who went bright eyed and eager down the "lease to own" road with owner operator dreams sewing visions of prosperity and financial freedom in their heads. Did not end well for either. The stress of being away from home for long periods, lease payments coming off the top, upset wives who were all in at first when the prospect looked good walking out in frustration and defeat when the reality kicked in, further desperation and feelings of being trapped, finally walking away financially and spiritually ruined.

The power these "lease" transport companies exercise over their "employees" is cruel and horrid. I would also add 'should be illegal' but I truly believe in freedom of enterprise and freedom to chose one's own destiny be those decisions good or learning experiences.

Both of my transport buddies have recovered and have long ago moved into more suiting careers with one running his own Farmer's Insurance agency and the other finishing school and working for T.I.

Farmer's agent reconnected with his estranged wife and they have lived happily together ever since adding two beautiful little girls to their lives.

The T.I. guy didn't even want to pursue a reconnection with his ex because she went buck wild during and after the divorce $#@!ing anything with a dick (Farmer's wife did not do this at all. Not even once.). I don't know what ever happened with her but I hope that wherever she is she is suffering the effects of well earned karma for crushing her husband, and my friend's spirit while he was already killing himself trying to provide a roof over her head and a brighter future for them both.

I hate that bitch for what she did to him. I'm getting all pissed off again as I write this today many years after the fact.

I hate that company for what they did to both friends.

I know I should be (and I am) thankful to both the company and the horrid bitch for helping mold these guys into the men they are today but I get very defensive in the face of injustice (evil) and to this day cannot think about the whole ordeal without my blood pressure rising.

Sterling, I apologize for rambling but the topic and rlw454's comment spun me off into flashback mode.

I know that you are highly experienced in the field and I don't want you to take what I have written as a shot at you or your chosen profession because I know you as a dedicated and caring provider and any company whose door you choose to darken is damn lucky to have you there and I know if they don't treat you thusly you will show them your ass walking out so my retelling of my buddies stories was not pointed in your direction at all. Just needed to get it off my chest and maybe at the very least it may convince some of our bright eyed, bushy tailed younger members to take their eyes off the pretty numbers and read the fine print. All of the fine print. With someone who speaks and can translate legalese if necessary.

Good luck to you sir. Have fun, make some money and love your family every chance you get.
    no sweat i have no plans to buy a truck. Wayyyy to many headaches. My wife has excellent insurance. Two years before the house is paid off. Im 53 I don't have many years left for this kind of work.
    This is just a run for the money. I have hazmat tanker flatbed exp.
    but the real good long-term jobs require at least 3yrs exp I have 1.5 yrs to go.
    so this is for experience only, or who knows it might work out.
    If not all I want is to be paid on time. Keep your promises.
    If not I will move around til I find one who does

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    No problem Sterling, putting it out there for other members as well. We have various openings around Texas for local and OTR. All company drivers no owner operators.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    For all you truckers:

I was a 2nd Lt, platoon leader in and Infantry outfit. There was a MAJOR push to get soldiers to reenlist as we were now a all volunteer Army. Pressure was really on officers to meet goals.

I had a soldier coming up for reenlist and we were meeting in my office and I asked him what he really wanted to do if he could do anything? He said he wanted to be a long haul trucker. I helped him fulfill that goal, did not reenlist him worked with him to attend a school and he landed a job. I don't remember his name, but we called him Brusky which was the last letters of his last name.

Years later I am a Captain back at Ft hood for a second tour. I lived out in the country on a small ranch and one night about 2am I hear a hellva racket out side. I go out and here is a big rig sitting in my circular driveway. LOL its Brusky and his second driver standing at the front door. It was great to see him after all those years and know he had realized his dream and I had been a part of it.

The 3 of us managed to knock down a bit of a bottle of Jack that night and as the sun came up they said it was time to roll and I watched them drive off into the sunrise.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    For all you truckers:

I was a 2nd Lt, platoon leader in and Infantry outfit. There was a MAJOR push to get soldiers to reenlist as we were now a all volunteer Army. Pressure was really on officers to meet goals.

I had a soldier coming up for reenlist and we were meeting in my office and I asked him what he really wanted to do if he could do anything? He said he wanted to be a long haul trucker. I helped him fulfill that goal, did not reenlist him worked with him to attend a school and he landed a job. I don't remember his name, but we called him Brusky which was the last letters of his last name.

Years later I am a Captain back at Ft hood for a second tour. I lived out in the country on a small ranch and one night about 2am I hear a hellva racket out side. I go out and here is a big rig sitting in my circular driveway. LOL its Brusky and his second driver standing at the front door. It was great to see him after all those years and know he had realized his dream and I had been a part of it.

The 3 of us managed to knock down a bit of a bottle of Jack that night and as the sun came up they said it was time to roll and I watched them drive off into the sunrise.
    gotta love it

Top Bottom