• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Made in Taiwan. Schrade went out of business in the USA many years ago. Someone bought the rights to use the name and took all the manufacturing overseas. I sorta benefitted from the closure. A guy I knew lived near the Schrade plant and discovered a truck load of steel destined for the plant that couldn't deliver the load. He arranged to buy it and then sold strips of steel (1085) to guys on the same knife forum.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Schrade has returned home at least for some of its manufacturing again being dome within the USA, that according to their website.

Most importantly, we have brought some manufacturing back to the USA with our Alpha Class and select Beta Class Sku's. (source: https://www.schrade.com/the_schrade_story/)

I wish they'd bring all manufacturing back to the US of A. I used to love having knives in my former state of NY just like I loved buying Remington firearms that were made therein. Screw NY and its anti-gun BS. Manufacturers that still produce weaponry therein deserve honors for putting up a good fight against tyranny. Someday, they may be remembered as being part of the force that turned around that leftist hovel (if of course it gets turned around but it most certainly will not without folks like them trying).

Top Bottom