• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Premier Guns Shows is the name of the promoter, and since some of us have actually attended several of these shows here in San Antonio I think we are a little better suited to compare them to the SAXET shows. There have been several threads on the previous shows, and most of the responses have been positive; so I don't know why you're trying to badmouth the show but honestly, until you've actually gone to one of their shows here, than maybe you should withhold judgment!

From someone who has actually gone to both shows on numerous occasions, I can tell you that the San Antonio Gun Show held at the Expo Center is clearly the better of the two. It is at least 2-3x larger, the set-up is more conducive to buyers, and they've put great effort into improving the show. Hell, it is clear even the SAXET folks go, because it was after they saw the positive response to their having an ATM at the show, suddenly they started having one at their shows.

I find it ironic that you defend an overpriced surplus store near Ft Sam, which blatantly rips off customers with worn out, used military gear but are so quick to blast a gun show that you've not even attended yet! You also made comments about the new tactical store on IH-10, but again you have yet to set foot in the place. We all welcome everyone's opinions of shops and shows, but please only do so after you've actually been to the place in question!

Plus, this is the wrong thread to be posting comments about the show next weekend...this is for the SAXET show this weekend!
    Gun Zone Deals

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Anyone heading to the show today? Had to work yesterday no idea why I woke up at 0500 either groan/

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    But the Austin SAXET show beats the snot out of the Austin TGS show hands down! :deadhorse:

By the way, I see TGS cancelled their Floresville show this month, anyone know why? Is it just because their shows suck in general? We went to the first one in Floresville, and while small it wasn't too bad (especially for TGS show). But we haven't been back as all TGS events are a complete waste of time and money (and I've been to several of those here in SA as well as Austin, Live Oak and Floresville!).

Cheers! M2

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Sorry got lost on the way over, than changed my mind

No gun shows for me for awhile, house building start this month.

Figgers - you just can't count on folks any more.....

Building the new casa now, eh? Oh, hell - THIS ought ta be good! We need to talk to yer better half an' give her some ideas for changes.....

If it ain't too late, have 'em put your garage outlets @ 46" above the floor, rather than down low. Lots easier to plug stuff in, an' benches, etc. won't block 'em. Also - put in more than you think you'll need, and consider at least one 220 vac outlet or two in there...

xl1200n

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Nederland
    Ugh, wishing I could go to the show this morning to look around by myself, but made a deal with the wife yesterday that because I bought her a gun, I can't buy anything else until after New Year's because we still have more presents to buy for X-mas. Unfortunately, this means that I can't attend next weeks show either. Either way, I'm still grateful that I had a good day yesterday and it was nice getting to meet everyone. Can't wait until next months show.

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    I have not attended the new gun show yet, the one by the Ft Worth folks. Did not get to the SA Saxet this go round, but did make the last Austin Saxet and it was very disappointing. Seemed an overly large number of not gun related dealers. Did the whole show in 20 minutes!

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    My wife and I will be at the Freeman next weekend. I probably won't buy any guns... Last month I picked up a single action cowboy gun, another 1911, a .357 revolver and a nice air rifle. I need some ammo and some new mags for 1911s... looking for high end mags. I stopped by the Powderhorn hoping to find some decent mags and they only had Kimber branded mags that looked suspiciously like the junk I already own (8 rd). Probably should just get the new mags from Chip McC's website. I would like to find some CHEAP .45 Colt.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    It was a fun morning at the SAXET show, Clockwork and his new bride showed up, as did XL1200N and his wife and son. I dragged my oldest boy along as well, after he overslept! We had breakfast at IHOP and walked through the puddles to the show afterward.

I picked up a new wooden thumbhole stock for my SKS-M (the original one had been "refurbished," so after I replace it with this one I am going to see if I can fix it) and a non-matching Izhevsk Type II AKM bayonet. Saw a few nice AKs for sale but nothing that got me to part with large amounts of cash.

It was a nice show but next week's will be better. I didn't want to spend too much money at it in case I see something I want at the Premier show. Still, I was happy to find the SKS-M stock and to add the Izhevsk bayo to the collection!

Cheers! M2

Had a great time! I got a couple of SGM Tactical (formerly Surefire) 12 round Saiga 12 mags but the seller didn't have couplers for them, so I guess I gotta scour the Interwebz for that. Also I picked up a single point bungee sling by Condor. Condor makes some pretty good stuff, I've used it on deployments. Apart from that they didn't have the holster or gas tube I was looking for so I was in and out of the show in like 20 minutes.

00-Guy

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    San Antonio
    This was my third SAXET show in 5 months. This one was interesting. I noticed a lot of more folks walking around trying to sell guns that the last two shows and the last show at the Freeman. I wish that I had had more money on me. A dealer turned down a nice M1 Garand Winchester that someone was trying to sell for $700. While I believe that had the stars aligned right, $700 might have been a fair price for a face2face transaction. (I understand that a dealer is not a charity and needs to make a profit, etc.....)

Also, I had conversation with a dealer as to whether or not he was going to be there next month. He said that if business didn't pick-up it might be an every other month show for him. He also made an interesting observation that a lot of folks were just walking around with arms crossed and not making eye contact with him, indicating to him an unwillingness to part with their money.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, I'm one of those guys who doesn't really make a lot of eye contact while wandering around during the shows; mainly because I am trying to scope out tables on both sides of the aisle! If I know someone working I will stop and chat (or harass, depending on the situation!), or if I have a questions about a particular piece on the table; but I'm there with specific objectives and I can assure you the amount of money I spend has nothing to do with the amount of eye contact I make!

If I am not mistake, there are vendors waiting to get in on the monthly SAXET show, so that particular dealer may not be able to pick and choose which shows they attend. But I can see his point, I honestly don't know how some sellers make money at that show, considering that each 8' table is $65 and most have several tables. I am sure there are some discounts for multiple tables, but even if it's $50/table that's still a couple of hundred bucks up front. Considering most are still willing to barter on items, I guess they manage to squeak some profit for their time and effort...

Cheers!

Top Bottom