• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cconn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Hemphill
    I have spent the last 4 days sitting in a hotel in Saudi Arabia. Getting extremely boring. Weird thing is which web sites are blocked. I can get on here and Silencertalk, but cannot log onto AR15.com.
    Restaurants have separate seating for men and women. Women can't drive, or be around men not their husband or family.
    Strange country.
    Texas SOT

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Be VERY sure that you KNOW what you're doing before doing it there. While a great potential host, Saudi's have very strict laws, and things you wouldn't think twice about back here can land you in jail (or worse) in a heartbeat there!!

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Muslim country. All part of "God's law". Folks call America a Christian nation but if we were to follow the bible the way devout Muslims follow the Koran America would be a much different and less tolerant place.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    FINALLY somebody has figured out to make this a law. Thank you, Saudi Arabia.

Mah better half would like ta meet ya....sumthin' 'bout shoving a steering wheel somewhar..... icon_slap2.jpg

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I keep telling mine that I'm going to get all of the dings, dents and scrapes fixed on her Audi...but she just keeps adding new ones...

I've never seen a person run into so many stationary objects and blame them for being in her way.

I guess it doesn't help that she's a liberal, Asian AND a woman. Got three things working against her right there.

Poink88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Austin
    My brother worked there for 8 years and have a few stories.

If a local hits your car (except Americans)...it is your fault. Their reasoning, if you did not go there, there is no one to hit.

He had an office mate who got jailed (got caught making his own liquor). He visits his friend every other week until the guards asked him if he wants to be jailed as well since he comes too often and they think he likes the jail too much. Sad part is they will do it too (not just a joke or threat).

I am glad I am here and love America. Thanks for the reminder.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Muslim country. All part of "God's law". Folks call America a Christian nation but if we were to follow the bible the way devout Muslims follow the Koran America would be a much different and less tolerant place.
    Beg to differ... There's a world of difference between the Bible and the Koran. It's a largely proper understanding of how to apply it to non-Jewish society that helped our Founding Fathers make this a "Christian nation" - which BTW will never, ever be perfect, because sinners are the ones implementing it.

R

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    My opinion of Saudi Arabia, and its like inhabitants in other countries as well as swarming to the United States : "Bell Bottom Britches, Buttons made of Brass, take all those mosque yodelers and Sharia Law and shove them -- ---- --- " ! That was meant for the apologists and towel head lovers. Not meant for real
    Patriots, Southerners, nor Texans...Or Arizonians for that matter...God Bless Texas, Remember the Alamo !

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    Beg to differ... There's a world of difference between the Bible and the Koran. It's a largely proper understanding of how to apply it to non-Jewish society that helped our Founding Fathers make this a "Christian nation" - which BTW will never, ever be perfect, because sinners are the ones implementing it.

R

Beg to differ with your difference! I think the fundamentalist right would LOVE to have their way with the legal code. I know some of my family would outlaw almost everything not church related. I kinda of like the occasional adult beverage and I like to dance and have no problems in theory with pole dancers. Suggesting the selling of beer and wine in the grocery store (Tyler) brought about a near apoplectic fit.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I was born in Saudi. My parents have some pretty weird stories from being over there, but I think back then they were a little more laid back (tolerant of Americans) than they are today. I have this pretty neat looking old Arabian sword that some guy gave my dad for helping him fix his bike or something like that. I wish he was still around so I could ask him for more stories. I do know my dad used to make his own beer of there. If he had been caught I might not ever had been born, lol...

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    In Saudi Arabia there are a number of businesses that own exotic animals and sell or rent them to the wealthy there for their estates. Just outside our base in Saudi was one of these menageries, and long story short the Pakistani manager there (who himself was as ugly and hairy as a gorilla ) who carried on a love affair with a female chimpanzee. We used to watch him with binoculars as he "romanced" the chimp and it had the whole places rolling in laughter. Ahh, the memories of Saudi....

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom