• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Well, now that the big gun buy back is over we should expect shooting deaths in SA to drop by over 200+ next year, right? Isn’t that the way it works?

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    The people who tried that here in Houston were unceremoniously chased away by HPD.

I always imagined they would do what they could to disrupt such activity, but if someone really wanted to push it and maybe had their lawyer on speed dial and others recording the action, I don't think there is much they could do about it. However, in the end, it probably wouldn't be worth all that effort for most guys looking at picking up a few guns for cheap.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    With the Soros bought and paid for prosecutor doesn't matter much anyway?
    That's the exact reason my grandson left a good position with SAPD to go to a smaller town PD. He told me that he spent more time on arrest paperwork than the perps spent in lockup. After so many were let go without a prosecution, he gave up a promising career to work in a department for a city that actually prosecutes criminals.

atxb0rn1620

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2020
    This is posted on the Nextdoor app. ND is such a horrible platform that censors nearly everything. I saw this posted by City Councilman John Courage.
    They are having a gun turn in, or "Voluntary Weapons Exchange" where they are giving HEB gift cards to those who turn in firearms or weapons as they like to call them. 20 guns per car. This type of thing is ridiculous.
    Since they are giving $50 for homebuilt or non functional guns, I say make up 20 homebuilt things that look like guns and trade them for $1,000 worth of groceries. I'm thinking take some wood and pipe, cut it out in the shape of guns. Tape, glue, screw together and maybe spray paint them that damn evil black color. Obviously it's not even a firearm but it's a homebuilt weapon that they better caugh up that $50 per unit. I say Exchange the homebuilt scraps while exercising your own 2A right by open carry to the event. I'm not one to open carry, but this may be the best time and place to do such.
    Y'all get in the shop this weekend and turn up some madmax looking stuff, but don't spend much money on it. I wonder if just painting some nerf guns black will be enough to claim homebuilt weapons?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231103_025032_Nextdoor.jpg
      Screenshot_20231103_025032_Nextdoor.jpg
      227.6 KB · Views: 63
    • Screenshot_20231103_025015_Nextdoor.jpg
      Screenshot_20231103_025015_Nextdoor.jpg
      237 KB · Views: 62
    • Screenshot_20231103_025645_Nextdoor.jpg
      Screenshot_20231103_025645_Nextdoor.jpg
      202.5 KB · Views: 51
    • Screenshot_20231103_025042_Nextdoor.jpg
      Screenshot_20231103_025042_Nextdoor.jpg
      189.2 KB · Views: 57

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    These programs are a nothing but a waste of time and tax dollars.

And all I know about the Nextdoor app is that my wife tells me that it really gets active when somone in our rural neighborhood goes out for some target practice. I have to take her word for it though. I've got better things to do than that. Like maybe some target practice. :50cal:

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Next Door is basically a bunch of Karen’s whining about every little thing.

This is exactly what it is.
    Karen Central Station.
    The ones that kill me are the idiotic women who pick up some animal somewhere, bring it home, then whine and cry about it needing to be adopted, because she just can’t deal with it.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I got the Nextdoor app back in 2015 or so. I thought it was a nice idea with a focus on the local community. I should have known it would go to shit. During the Trump years or turned into constant political talk and lost pets. I deleted it in 2016 or 17 and never returned. Seeing how my local communities' true colors ended it for me. I will live in my little bubble.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Next Door temporary banned me once because I called out a Karen.
    This Karen was infuriated because some kids had the NERVE to ride a quad 4x4 down the sidewalk on her street. To hear her tell it they were burning donuts in her front doorway.
    They weren’t.
    I made the intentional mistake of telling her to calm down. The kids were just trying out their new quad. Her house foundation wasn’t cracking and her cats were gonna be okay. Take a pill and lay down. We were all kids at one time. Don’t you remember?
    She blew a gasket. Got me banned for a month(like I cared). That was several years ago. I never post anything just scan over it.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    This is exactly what it is.
    Karen Central Station.
    The ones that kill me are the idiotic women who pick up some animal somewhere, bring it home, then whine and cry about it needing to be adopted, because she just can’t deal with it.

I caught one of them trying to steal my dog one day. I was working outside my fence one day and walked in to get something. Our Pomeranian liked to hang out with me if I was outside, and he was sniffing everyones trash cans when Karen drove by and saw him.

I heard him barking at her. She had zero chance of getting her hands on that little elusive turd.

I walked out there and asked her why she was trying to steal my dog. Hilarity ensued. The more she swore she was helping, the more I accused her of stealing my dog. She finally drove off.

I recognized her from ND. So I logged on and told everyone about this crazy lady trying to steal my dog out of my driveway. Full description, license plate of her grey Honda Accord.

I immediately incurred the wrath of Karen’s everywhere. Many knew her. I insisted she was trying to lure my dog into her car with treats like some sort of dog abducting pervert. They yelled at me and said how big of a help she was to animals everywhere. I simply replied, “and yet she’s trying to steal my dog out of my driveway with me standing there.”

It was the most fun I’d had in a while.

They removed her license number and her name (I added it when they called her by name).

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    How do you use next door to read about the Karens in a different location? I always thought if I were going to move, I'd want to know how thick on the ground the Karens were at my destination but I swear I can't find out how to add a neighborhood that's not near me.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    How do you use next door to read about the Karens in a different location? I always thought if I were going to move, I'd want to know how thick on the ground the Karens were at my destination but I swear I can't find out how to add a neighborhood that's not near me.
    I believe you can click the neighborhood in anyone's post. A map will appear. Zoom out until you find the neighborhood you want to follow. Click on it. Then select follow neighborhood up at the top of the screen. But I think you are going to find they are pretty much the same everywhere. The Karens, that is.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I believe you can click the neighborhood in anyone's post. A map will appear. Zoom out until you find the neighborhood you want to follow. Click on it. Then select follow neighborhood up at the top of the screen.
    That worked. Thanks.

Top Bottom