• ...and so much more!
  • TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I take it you're not familiar with the police? Government run group of folks with sedans and glocks, that show up, put hand cuffs on you, put all your guns on the table say you have an arsenal.
    Then take you infront of another government run operation called the DA?

Local Vs State Vs Federal.

Big distinctions between the three power-wise.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm still waiting to find out who he would call if someone refused to respect his supposed right to enter another persons property.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I disagree with that interpretation of the law.

LOL.

Not trying to get into y'alls' argument but I really did LOL so I wanted you to know that.

Good times.

It's a nice night out here in the basin.

How you folks doin'?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411873751.903193.jpg

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Is there a reason you have not answered my question?

Your first set, aren't good. Don't accept the premise and I think you were dodging.

Dumbass owner blocking the door is soo absurd it's not worth the discussion. They don't even want to post legal 30.06 signs. I've seen 10 non-compliant signs for every legal one.

And well I'm on a phone. Don't wanna type a book.

Besides like I already said, I'm just playing devil's advocate. And watching a buncha libertarians support government intervention in our lives...

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Since you refuse to acknowledge anything that relates to common sense, and anybody who reads this thread will have no problem seeing how ridiculous your arguments are or that you refuse to answer any argument that would require you to face reality, I'm gonna go ahead and say it.

Other than your view on firearms, you have just the mentality, mental capacity, and debate skills to make an excellent liberal. You are even better than some at dodging any form of logic and reasoning in order to further your agenda and impose your will upon others.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    ... watching a buncha libertarians support government intervention in our lives...
    You keep repeating this but i don't think you understand what the words mean.

The government is not intervening in our lives if a private business posts a sign.

The only way your argument holds water is if the government forced a business to post said sign.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

The government is not intervening in our lives if a private business posts a sign.

The only way your argument holds water is if the government forced a business to post said sign.

What he's trying to say is that he wants the government to intervene and force property owners to let him do whatever he wants.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi

If you can't recognize a 30.06 sign as government. Dunno what to tell you.

Ironically And once again to illustrate how ludicrous the concept of a business owner forcibly blocking a concealed carrier from entering his facility. Cuz how would he know without searching the person entering the business. The only 30.06 sign I've seen was in San Antonio on city property and corpus on city property...

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    If you can't recognize a 30.06 sign as government. Dunno what to tell you.

Ironically And once again to illustrate how ludicrous the concept of a business owner forcibly blocking a concealed carrier from entering his facility. Cuz how would he know without searching the person entering the business. The only 30.06 sign I've seen was in San Antonio on city property and corpus on city property...

So an optional sign is government?
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

The ones you've seen on government owned property are illegal. The government can't post 30.06

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Let's break this down to its
    simplest element:

1) Two individuals disagree on how to live

2) Person A asks Person B to not do [fill in the blank] while on his property.

3) Person B wants to do it on Person A's property anyway.

4) Person B seeks government assistance to impose their view on Person A - at Person A's own property.

Somehow you see this situation and you say Person A is the one that wants government intervention?

If that's the case I don't think this a philosophical difference in political opinion. What we have is a major difference in how you perceive reality.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So an optional sign is government?
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

The ones you've seen on government owned property are illegal. The government can't post 30.06

This has nothing to do with government and he knows it. He just uses the fact that Texas used a sign as a talking point because it involves a law, completely disregarding the fact that it actually makes it MORE difficult for the business to notify than most other states where any sign will do.

He knows good and well that there is a difference than the government saying you can't carry in a business and the owner of the business saying so, but that doesn't fit his agenda.

He can't admit these things because in doing so he would have to admit that it would be him that is asking the gov to impose his will on others, that's why he wouldn't answer how his supposed "right to carry anywhere" would be enforced. I guess that baker who was forced to make the gay wedding cake wasn't forced to do anything by the government.

He wants very bad to call himself a conservative, but he has the same mindset if a liberal where he believes his wants and feelings are more important that the rights of others. He claims he is for small government yet he wants the government to force business owners to serve people they don't wish to serve.

He has no respect for anyone's rights, he is just another selfish "conservative" who is just as liberal as the far left. He just can't admit it because then he would have to admit that he doesn't actually want freedom, he just wants things his way.....like a liberal.

And when he can no longer make a counter argument, he will just throw out some insults and par himself on the back for a job well done.

His arguments are the equivalent of sticking his fingers in his ears and yelling "la la la la la la la la la la I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

In other words, further argument with him is a waste of electricity. He has never given any real thought to who actually had the right to do what, only cried when he couldn't get his way.

He is the type of person that actually makes us look bad when he starts talking in public. At least when someone reads this thread they will see that his ridiculous attitude is not representative of gun owners in general

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Let's break this down to its
    simplest element:

1) Two individuals disagree on how to live

2) Person A asks Person B to not do [fill in the blank] while on his property.

3) Person B wants to do it on Person A's property anyway.

4) Person B seeks government assistance to impose their view on Person A - at Person A's own property.

Somehow you see this situation and you say Person A is the one that wants government intervention?

If that's the case I don't think this a philosophical difference in political opinion. What we have is a major difference in how you perceive reality.

Bingo.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    This has nothing to do with government and he knows it. He just uses the fact that Texas used a sign as a talking point because it involves a law, completely disregarding the fact that it actually makes it MORE difficult for the business to notify than most other states where any sign will do.

He knows good and well that there is a difference than the government saying you can't carry in a business and the owner of the business saying so, but that doesn't fit his agenda.

He can't admit these things because in doing so he would have to admit that it would be him that is asking the gov to impose his will on others, that's why he wouldn't answer how his supposed "right to carry anywhere" would be enforced. I guess that baker who was forced to make the gay wedding cake wasn't forced to do anything by the government.

He wants very bad to call himself a conservative, but he has the same mindset if a liberal where he believes his wants and feelings are more important that the rights of others. He claims he is for small government yet he wants the government to force business owners to serve people they don't wish to serve.

He has no respect for anyone's rights, he is just another selfish "conservative" who is just as liberal as the far left. He just can't admit it because then he would have to admit that he doesn't actually want freedom, he just wants things his way.....like a liberal.

And when he can no longer make a counter argument, he will just throw out some insults and par himself on the back for a job well done.

His arguments are the equivalent of sticking his fingers in his ears and yelling "la la la la la la la la la la I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

In other words, further argument with him is a waste of electricity. He has never given any real thought to who actually had the right to do what, only cried when he couldn't get his way.

He is the type of person that actually makes us look bad when he starts talking in public. At least when someone reads this thread they will see that his ridiculous attitude is not representative of gun owners in general

Why are you all worked up?

When have I cried?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Why are you all worked up?

When have I cried?

Don't mistake my description if you for being worked up. I've been in many debates and "getting worked up" doesn't happen much anymore.

I have much more important things to be "worked up" about than your unreality. I simply pointed out, in detail, why Winchester is wasting his time based on your responses, and lack thereof, in this thread.

If I get worked up, it gets pretty obvious.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    When have I cried?

A few posts up.

You were in bed sucking your thumb, scared that freedom will creep in at night and get you. Then you calmed down a little, pulled your liberal security blanket in tight, and cried yourself to sleep.

Do you not remember that? lol

(PS - I'm just joking around with you in this post. I'll buy you a beer if we ever meet. No hard feelings.)

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    A few posts up.

You were in bed sucking your thumb, scared that freedom will creep in at night and get you. Then you calmed down a little, pulled your liberal security blanket in tight, and cried yourself to sleep.

Do you not remember that? lol

(PS - I'm just joking around with you in this post. I'll buy you a beer if we ever meet. No hard feelings.)
    Lol, don't tell young gun, he might call you a liberal sympathizer...

No but seriously, here is my rub, and why I give my argument any credence and obviously no one else does here. Since I'm a closet liberal. :)

Carrying a gun while you go about your day, is enumerated in the constitution. Along with the press and religion you're specifically singled out. Unlike, the handicapped or gays etc. (and this is a distinction I'm making that you're not). Property rights not so much, heck they could put an army in your house during war time... And if they feel like putting a freeway through your front yard, they can just take it and offer you what they thing is fair market value.

The 30.06 laws restrict your ability to bear arms. Hell the government even drew up a sign to tell people, you can't carry here. Which in my experience has mainly been used by government...

There is a whole lot of precedent to some regulation when it comes to private property open to the public.

From multiple angles, fire marshall , building inspection, food, ADA, to whatever whims the city has. (Some things are constitutionally delegates to the state and muni levels).

Disarming someone in a place of business, can potentially harm them, quite a bit. (See Luby's from way back when).
    When you do, with the support of the government (30.06 sign), in a space open to the public, how is that not government restricting one's ability to bear arms?

So while I do have a very strong urge to agree with you, (see Mexicanhippy's person A and B characterization). I do find this train of thought compelling.
    And the reason it isn't like the eventuality as described earlier by YoungGun's wedding cake fiasco is because gay access to wedding cakes by Christian bakers aren't enumerated in the constitution.

Now since I'm a liberal, let's discuss how you can kill your own unborn baby. ;)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom