• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    To CryptoEpok: Like Southpaw above, I would really like to hear your economic and financial analysis supporting valuation in cryptocurrency in general. All cryptocurrency is energy intensive thus containing an inherent carrying cost. There are few ways to liquidate crypto. I still find very few merchants accepting cryptocurrency.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    My neighbor just built a bitcoin mining operation. He has six 40ft containers parked next an electrical substation. I know nothing about bitcoin, but he's sunk over a lot of money into that stuff.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

CryptoEpik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2023
    Houston
    To CryptoEpok: Like Southpaw above, I would really like to hear your economic and financial analysis supporting valuation in cryptocurrency in general. All cryptocurrency is energy intensive thus containing an inherent carrying cost. There are few ways to liquidate crypto. I still find very few merchants accepting cryptocurrency.
    It happens like clockwork like it has been since 2010. Every 4 or so often years, there has been a Bitcoin halving. A month to a year after said Bitcoin halving, prices 100X to 5000X your investment within this time period.

The next Bitcoin halving is in April 2024. I'm loading my bags of my favorite cryptos for pennies on the dollar because we are in a Bear Market at the moment where all prices are at rock bottom.

The Bull Market will start shortly after the Bitcoin halving in 6 months where you will see prices fly to the moon.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Got the daily email from SGAmmo. I normally don't pay much attention unless I'm needing something, but today the intro paragraph was much longer than usual so I read it. They said that their online purchases DOUBLED over the weekend. People are getting nervous and stockpiling again. Don't be surprised if you see shortages and/or price increases in the coming days.

To the young folks: Don't buy guns or ammo when a panic is going on. Make sure you have what you need when the supply is healthy, and by that I mean that you should have enough to tide you over for a couple of years. You'll go broke trying to go along with the panic crowd.
    So you believe them because they wrote it in an advertising email (I get the same one). Call me skeptical but I have not heard one other company, let alone one other person, mention that ammo sales are way up. They may be up but I'd love to see some proof of that before believing it. Regardless, I am happily sitting on a current glut of ammunition. When it comes to my ammo hoard, I am sure my ammo could get me through at least a week...:roflfunny::roflsmile::roflfunny:

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    The time to build inventories has been over the past 10+ years.
    I have ammo in my inventory that I acquired in the mid to late 1990s. I think I may even have a box or two that I got in the 1980s. My bet is quite a few forum members have ammo that they picked up longer ago than that. The time to be building inventories is whenever you can get more than you need to shoot.

BigRed

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    I have ammo in my inventory that I acquired in the mid to late 1990s. I think I may even have a box or two that I got in the 1980s. My bet is quite a few forum members have ammo that they picked up longer ago than that. The time to be building inventories is whenever you can get more than you need to shoot.
    Yep.
    That's why I have at least a dozen boxes of 22.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    So you believe them because they wrote it in an advertising email (I get the same one). Call me skeptical but I have not heard one other company, let alone one other person, mention that ammo sales are way up. They may be up but I'd love to see some proof of that before believing it. Regardless, I am happily sitting on a current glut of ammunition. When it comes to my ammo hoard, I am sure my ammo could get me through at least a week...:roflfunny::roflsmile::roflfunny:
    I take anything I hear from sales people with a grain of salt. HOWEVER, I've found SGAmmo to be pretty good in all my dealings with them and they added the note to their ad more as a warning about it causing their shipping to be slowed down.

Now since I wrote this, the Hornady plant in Nebraska had an explosion (with a fatality) and the Lake City plant (run by Winchester) has cancelled all non-military contracts. Israel was selling a lot of IMI ammo in the USA, and obviously that's not going to continue for a while. We've just barely crawled out from the worst ammo shortage since WWII, and these things would be pretty obvious signs that we may be back in an extended shortage.

As I pointed out in my original post, we should all make sure we have a decent amount tucked away in case the SHTF, and we don't want to be forced to buy when the market is obscene.

Likewise, learn what vendors are run by honest people and avoid the others (did anyone say CTD?) like you would avoid a pit bull with rabies.

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    Top Bottom