Capitol Armory ad

S&W 5906TSW questions. This one seems to be different.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    I just found an awesome deal on a used 5906TSW that is in great condition however this 5906TSW is a bit different than others I have seen. As you can see in the pictures below there is an extended slide stop on it and there is a sizable area that has front cocking serrations. These changes look like performance center features but the pistol is not labeled as one from the performance center. Maybe it was a special order from the original owner? I have never seen a standard 5906 or 5906TSW like this one.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
    Gun Zone Deals

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      50.8 KB · Views: 309
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      87 KB · Views: 296
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      96.1 KB · Views: 316
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      108.9 KB · Views: 280

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    That was made in 1999 I believe. Matched n fitted slide n frame highly upgraded trigger. The forward slide serrations may have been done after the fact but this was a upgraded stock offering. Possibly for a police contract since the slide printing is not there.

I'll trade you a glock 17 for it.

You can call S&W and they will give the ship date. Also some info in this download chart here. It will automatically download a chart of 3rd gen info. Lines 113 and 114 are of interest to you, specifically line 114.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.skjos.net/sw/3rdgen/3rd%20Gen%20Model%20Numbers.xls&ved=2ahUKEwjZ2pb8k5DnAhUS-6wKHdlyCSoQFjAAegQIAxAF&usg=AOvVaw3DXTUKONGccN2HkPXfVc6y&cshid=1579454028499

That's a nice higher end gun. As S&W variants go. Again hand fitted matched slide to frame up graded trigger etc.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    If I was all methed up and had no sense what so ever I would take you up on that offer but I am not so I will be keeping this $400 investment in my collection. :green:
    I wouldnt trade it either. You might come out ahead in value today but in a couple years I suspect all the all steel Smith's will go up in value.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom