• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    I have a III with the annoying parts swapped for II parts and all aftermarket internals. The tear down and reassembly of a I II or III ain't the best but it's no big deal once you figure it out. The Ruger has many more parts available than the others put together. I also have a Standard.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    I have a MK I and two MK II. I want a MK IV 22/45. The other semiauto’s are fine. Hell they are all nice, stay away from the Walter and older Sigs that look like center fires all kinds of issues with the few I have owned. Also the GSG 1911 sucks.

Ausländer

Yak Shaving
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2022
    New Braunfels
    I wouldn't own a MK III or earlier just because of how much a PIA it is to breakdown and put back together - been there, done that, won't do it again.

I currently have the MK IV Hunter and a Browning Buckmark Contour URX (plus other rimfire pistols, but the OP asked about these). The MK IV is super easy to take apart and a quite accurate (with the right ammo). The Buckmark is also very accurate, but not as easy to take apart.

It really comes down to what is the intended use since there are so many variations within each model line.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I have two Ruger Mark II pistols and a Mark IV. I like em all despite me needing to watch my own youtube video to take apart and put back together the Mark IIs. I do not have any experience with the Browning except second hand based on what I have heard about them. Supposed to be good pistols as well as the Rugers from what others tell me.

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    Being a big time Ruger lover, I had a Mark 2 & Mark 3, and though they were good pistols, when I got my hands on my Browning Buck Mark Target, I ended up selling the Ruger's. It has served me well for over two decades. I would put it up against just about any other .22 rimfire pistol.
    BuckMarkTargetSmall.jpg

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I remember the Buckmarks used to be significantly cheaper than the equivalent Ruger, but now they are closer in price. My vote is Ruger... I love my MkIII. It's the gun that tags along and gets shot anytime I'm shooting anything else.

I like the Victory as well. Feel like you get a lot of features for the money with it.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    I have an 80s Buckmark plus slab sided barrel actually it's the last semi auto 22 I still have. Only problem it ever had was a weak spring that holds the mag in the well. I have never disassembled for cleanings. It's like the Energizer bunny!

Attachments

• 20220503_135226.jpg
      20220503_135226.jpg
      303.1 KB · Views: 38

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I've have owned the Ruger Automatic (pre Mk 1), Mark 1, Mk II, and Mark III. Liked them all. All of them functioned well and ate anything I fed them. Yes, they are a pain to reassemble but, eventually, you get the hang of it.

Nothing against the Browning, but have never owned one. Anyone I knew who owned one spoke highly of it.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I have a Buckmark and like it alot. Feels great in my hand (big paw) and the balance is nice. Seems to shoot whatever 22 ammo I happen to load up.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Always good to have a few .22 handguns around.

Ruger Single Six 22 LR/Mag Davidson's Exclusive 1 of 200 5.5" Barrel
    Kel-Tec PMR30 PMR30BBLK 22 MAG Pistol
    Ruger 22/45 MKIII
    (2) Ruger MKII KMK678GC SS Slab side Competition Target
    Uberti 1873 Cattleman New Model, .22 LR, 4.75", Steel 6 shot
    Smith and Wesson 617 K-22 Masterpiece
    Keltec CP33 22 LR Competition Pistol

Variety is the spice of life! I love .22's!

Top Bottom