• ...and so much more!
  • jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    I have a Ruger LCP .380 and I have only fired it about 50 times. The trigger has a notch on the upper portion and it pinches my finger every time I shoot. Am I doing something wrong? Does anyone else have this problem? I appreciate all input.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Kinda hard to picture what you are talking about ... can you post a picture? I haven't been pinched by one.

I am going to be away for a while but will try to get a picture posted when I get a chance.
    Basically what is happening.......I pull the trigger to fire and after firing, during the release of the trigger is when the pinch occurs, as the trigger returns back to the ready position. The small notch on the top front part of the trigger pinches as it returns to the ready to fire position. That's the best I can explain. I never had a problem like this with my Taurus TCP, maybe I should have kept it.

drummingchevy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Houston
    I agree with Dan. If I am interpreting your problem correctly, your finger is too high on the trigger. Just about every trigger is going to have a gap up front when you pull it, which should cause the same problem. However, the LCP's trigger has that ball-and-socket type trigger and I think your finger's skin might be contacting that and, on the trigger release, your skin may be sticking to the ball part and being pulled into the frame. I hope that made sense. Are your fingers sweaty/sticky when you shoot? If that's the case, I would try to put some baby powder on that finger or just keep it dry when you shoot.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Thanks for all the info. I may go to the range tomorrow and adjust my finger pull. I was dry firing today and noticed that I was not pulling the trigger with the front pad of my finger. I was putting my finger too far in the trigger housing thus causing the pinch. It did not pinch as easily when I used the correct part of my finger. I guess I am so used to my bigger guns. 40 cal & 9 mm where I cannot put my finger too far in the trigger guard.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Haslet
    Thanks for all the info. I may go to the range tomorrow and adjust my finger pull. I was dry firing today and noticed that I was not pulling the trigger with the front pad of my finger. I was putting my finger too far in the trigger housing thus causing the pinch. It did not pinch as easily when I used the correct part of my finger. I guess I am so used to my bigger guns. 40 cal & 9 mm where I cannot put my finger too far in the trigger guard.

I had a similar issue, trying to fire with such a small weapon, but with practice it gets easier. That little lcp is a great summer gun for sure but the long trigger pull and recoil makes it less comfortable to shoot on the range.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    I had a similar issue, trying to fire with such a small weapon, but with practice it gets easier. That little lcp is a great summer gun for sure but the long trigger pull and recoil makes it less comfortable to shoot on the range.

Yeah, I took it to the range today and I did better by using the tip of my trigger finger. My hand is just a little to big for this small gun. I agree with you.....the long trigger pull and recoil does not make for good target practice.....but I really gave the sillouette hell with my XD40.
    I had a Taurus PT738 that handled a lot better for me....I should have kept it. Anyway, I am thinking of selling this little Ruger, you will probably see a post in the classifieds soon. My loss will be somebodys gain. I have 6 factory magazines that will go with it.
    Thanks for all the helpful info.

Top Bottom