• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpolk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Waco, Texas
    Here is my Ruger 10/22. I polished the receiver and I used a factory 10/22T stock finished with tongue oil and hand rubbed. It also sports a BSA Sweet 22, 6-18X40 Scope with the DNZ Deadnutz mount. I added a Tony Kid bolt assembly with their Bolt handle/spring assembly and an 18" Stainless Steel Lightweight barrel, a Caldwell XLA Pivot bipod and the trigger is a crisp 2.5 pounds.

1022a..jpg
    1022c..jpg
    1022h..jpg
    DK Firearms

mpolk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Waco, Texas
    I didn't bring the target back with me, but it shot 8 dime sized 5 shot groups at 50 yards and 4 quarter sized 5 shot groups at 100 yards with CCI MiniMags and with Federal High Velocity. Haven't even tried the good ammo that is supposed to get really good groups. Why spend the extra bucks. Its pretty much a plinker and a squirrel and coon gun anyway.

mpolk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Waco, Texas
    Yes it my only one. I am planning another build, but I could have a great deer rifle for what I have in this one. I am going to put a very nice walnut stock on this one and use the stock I have now for the next. I do like traditional looking stocks though. Here is what I'm going to put on it. Thanks a lot.
    Trailblazer_Walnu&.jpg

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    10/22 Ultimates

Nice looking piece of wood. These are a few of my builds. I perform as much 'smithing' on mine as I can. All of mine have been headpsaced, buffered, and feature polished sears, hammers, and charging handles(1). The one with the green hogue stock is by far the best shooter and has the most mods. The one with the fluted barrel was re-coated with KG gunkote(receiver only). Hard to take just one out whenever I go shooting.

Attachments

• bk hogue1..jpg
      bk hogue1..jpg
      13.4 KB · Views: 270

mpolk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Waco, Texas
    Nice looking guns. I did all the trigger stuff and then I change out the sear and hammer to make it better. I do all the smithing too.

Top Bottom