• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    Awesome rig you put together. I love these new TD Rugers.

I went the same route as you recommend and added a Gemtech Mist barrel to mine. The trigger and bolt are by CPC, Hogue stock and Kidd bolt handle. Love using this rifle for general plinking and the monthly Plinkathon at Bayou Rifles in Houston. For glass i wnt with a Vortex 1-4 PST with capped turrets. I can use it on single power like a red dot and on 4 power I can easily plink as far as a 22 plans to go.

2015-10-06 20.05.20.jpg 2015-10-06 20.07.22.jpg 2015-10-06 20.08.20.jpg
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Alrighty then.... Scope /Sightmark Triple Duty 3-9x42 Circle Dot Duplex Reticle and rings came in finally and got them mounted. From the pics I just did not realize the 3-9 x 42 scope would be so big. lol I did go with the Leupold QD low set rings. After looking through it on the rifle, my old azz eyes like it so iam keeping it on this 22.

image-X2.jpg

image-X2.jpg

image-X2.jpg

image-X2.jpg

300blk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    bigger scopes wont fit in the bag mounted. smaller scopes like the leupold vx 2-7x 28mm will fit.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Great job, Skeeter! Friends and I pick off clay pigeons with modified 10-22's. The distance? 208 yards! Those suckers will really shoot!

Here's a hard won secret technique. Lob a round in and note the impact point in the dirt. Correct cross hair placement as necessary and fire for effect. That bird is dead! When the wind shifts, fire another "spotter" round and repeat. We can only do this when the berm is dry enough to show a "puff" of dirt from impact. If the ground is wet, we focus on other games to play.

That bolt release shown above is a great addition to your rifle! It does require removing some pins to install it.

FYI: There is a pin in the trigger mechanism that is difficult to install. Cut a piece of solder or wire of the approximate diameter, but just short enough to keep the pieces together. When the trigger is in position and you install the correct pin, use it to push your assembly pin out of the trigger group. Works like a charm!

http://www.midwayusa.com/general.mvc/index/schematics~ruger_10_22
    The pin referenced is #42

Flash

Last edited:
    Top Bottom