• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Well Iam almost to the finish line with this 10/22 project. So far I've purchased,

Ruger 10/22 TakeDown stripped receiver
    Hogue/ Tactical Solutions Ghillie green stock/threaded bull barrel kit
    Kidd single stage trigger group
    Kidd Scalloped bolt
    Kidd Charging handle
    Kidd buffer and pin kit
    Ruger Take down pack
    4- Ruger BX 25 rd mags

It all fits together quite well and Iam hoping to shoot it soon. I haven't had a chance to shoot any of my projects over the last 8 months due to work and moving.
    Lastly Iam waiting for the Gemtech Mist take down integrally suppressed barrel to come out. And Iam still uncertain of which optics I want to put on this puppy. Any advice on optics would be greatly appreciated...

image-S.jpg

image-S.jpg

image-S.jpg

image-S.jpg

image-S.jpg

image-S.jpg

image-S.jpg

image-S.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Nice. I'm really looking forward to one day owning an integrally-suppressed 10/22 TD. I have to say though, that I prefer the BX15 mags that come with the Charger pistol rather than the full BX25 mags--too much of a banana to my eye, I suppose. I guess that's why I've never really preferred the 30rd AK mages either. :doh:

I do like that TacSol barrel and sights. Good luck with your project!

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    I haven't shot it yet Dave, I hope to soon. Iam still trying to figure out what optic though. Iam really liking the Hogue stock. I'll also keep this barrel when the mist finally comes in and just build another 10/22 for it.

cncfan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2015
    Houston
    Very nice looking 10/22. Also like the sights come installed on the barrel.

I have a SS 10/22 that I though was enough, then I saw a guy on youtube installing a Magpul Hunter stock. Now I'm thinking a Tactical Solutions receiver and barrel on a Hunter stock is in my future.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    nice set up
    I'm drooling over that stock.:D:D

ever consider one of these? I've got them on over half of my 10/22s and love them

1022bolt.jpg

Power Custom extended automatic bolt release

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Max how exactly does it change from the OEM one? Right now I pull the charging handle back, press the lever next to the trigger housing and the bolt stays back. I then pull the charging handle back a smidge and it will throw forward.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    With that barrel being threaded I would just get a screw on can. But I am a one can for multiple guns kind of guy.

What do you want for optics?

For scopes I like Leupold and Vortex. You can't go wrong and they have about everything under the sun plus a lifetime warranty. I like a 3-9 for a .22.

For cheaper red dots PA makes decent stuff.

That is a sweet looking rifle. Very nice.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    on your 10/22 you don't have to push up on the bolt release next to the mag well to release it?

if you don't then yours already functions like one with the auto release.

on the Ruger 10/22 to release the bolt from the locked back position, you have to push up on the bolt release.
    With a modification, the release can be made to function like an M1 Garand style op rod, where you just pull it slightly to the rear and release it.

You can do this my modifying your factory one or installing an aftermarket bolt release.
    I can't explain why yours already operates like it has the mod, but if it does, just forget I mentioned it, your good to go.

cncfan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2015
    Houston
    Yeah there are better receivers out there and I really wanted one. Only problem is, Ruger makes the only takedown one. lol

A few friend were out shooting and one had an after market 10/22 receiver on his rifle by a well know maker. Rest of us had the original receiver. Not one of us shot any better with the "better" receiver. So I am not convinced they are better, I just want the TS one as it would color match the barrel I would get from TS.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    I'll see how well it shoots once I put the optic on it and get it to the range. I figure most 10/22's are good to 100-200yds tops for the most part. I put it together as a survival rifle for the most part. It will molle onto my bugout bag.

And Shorty, if this sightmark doesn't work out I'll look into some Nikon stuff...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom