• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    A bit of an odd request but I'll go ahead and put it out there anyway.

Does anyone have a "better than OEM" stock (preferably for a bull or free-floating barrel) laying around that they would allow me to borrow (or rent)?

Here's the deal... I've gotten to the point where I think my bench shooting accuracy is being affected by the OEM synthetic stock. If I lean my cheek on the stock more/less or I pull it into my shoulder more/less it seems that the POI shifts a little bit, but I'm not 100% sure. I'd like to try out a stock that may either prove or disprove my hypothesis.

If I can prove that the stock is making a difference then I probably start searching for a new stock.

If someone has an extra stock let me know. I'm happy to pay shipping back and forth and can pay a "rental fee" if needed.

Thanks.
    Venture Surplus ad

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    If that doesn't work, I work at 34th & Ella if you are interested in borrowing a 10/22 target stock.

Very cool, right in the neighborhood! I would definitely take you up on your offer, just let me know how we can arrange things.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Ok, it looks like you got one closer. I am down by the bay now, but could meet you somewhere in between if that other one falls through.

This is what I have.

It's an original Ruger stock that has had the barrel channel cut for a heavy barrel, 1 inch recoil pad installed and a oak fore end cap. It was modified and used on a rifle for for a Appleseed shoot so it has studs for a sling.

10-22Stock_zpsbbbb6cfc.jpg

Top Bottom