• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Alright, so I just about had an aneurysm...I was over at the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence fb site.....the comments...man...anyways, while reading some of their comments about the Second Amendment, and their rants against it, I noticed someone said they would feel only feel comfortable around a gun if it were an officer's.

In an effort to prevent the aneurysm and move my brain forward, I started thinking: well what exactly is the role of a LEO (especially state and locals). More specifically, what is it they are not. They are not body guards. They cannot protect everyone from everything, all the time. Except for the Feds, they are also not the Federal government's agents. They are commissioned by and report to us, the citizens, via local & state governments. They are also citizens themselves. What ultimately gives them the right to bear arms then? Is it a politician? A god? No, it's the Constitution. So, if they are an extension of the citizen population, why would anyone in hell believe that a LEO has more of a right to carry a firearm than the average joe citizen?

Whew, I made it out alive with common sense....
    Capitol Armory ad

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    I think those questions are better posed on that libtard board then here.

"We"already know the answers

Can't carry a cop, so we take care of ourselves

sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County

YEP!! Gun in hand is better'n a cop on the phone, and infinitely better than some liberal whining about it.

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    The role of the police is to gather evidence after a crime has been committed to present to the District Attorney so he (or she) may decide whether or not to present that evidence to a Grand Jury for a determination on whether or not to press charges.

That's it

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014

True, that's why I put it in rant page, I just had to vent...and it would fall on deaf ears there anyways. Best to educate smaller groups or individuals at a time
    The role of the police is to gather evidence after a crime has been committed to present to the District Attorney so he (or she) may decide whether or not to present that evidence to a Grand Jury for a determination on whether or not to press charges.

That's it
    That's a great point.

IMO, increasing individuals' personal independence and responsibility should be highlighted in every gun rights discussion with anti's - and not just in the realm of firearms.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    What ultimately gives them the right to bear arms then?

Supposedely it's their amazing training that the public could never ever in a million years match. That's what I always hear is "I don't know how well that CHL holder is trained but I know a cop is very well trained". Funny how in many cases (certainly not all) that is a huge crock of shit. We all know how often most departments do qualifications and that there are some departments with horrible records for accuracy and gun safety (NYPD anyone?). Of course there are always some officers that train religiously and go to competitions and such to ingrain those good skills. I'd say (completely shooting in the dark here) that the average percentage of cops that train regularly is about the same as the percentage of gun owning citizens that train regularly making them no better or worse than the average guy.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Best to educate smaller groups or individuals at a time
    Exactly who do you think you're educating? You sound like an idiot trying to cause a stir. Take that anti-police junk somewhere else.

......what exactly did he say that was anti-police. He clearly stated what he feels their role is (and I personally agree with him) or at least ends up being the majority of the time. They clearly have a role to play in society, it's just not what some people think it is (some think it's to prevent crime and frankly they don't do a whole lot of that from my view, they are there to mop up afterwards in alot of cases).

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    ^^^^^^^this. I know an academy firearms trainer at our local police academy. When someone mentioned how muchbetter police were trained than most people, I thought he would fall down he laughed so hard. After, he asked the petdon if they wanted to know how many cops shot themselves or another cop each year. Let alone bystanders or neglegent discharges. He said the number was absolutely astounding.
    Most cops will tell you, if they are honest, that police presance on the streets only stop petty shit. Most criminals will break the law anyway. The best they can hope for much of the time is to prove what you did after the fact and arrest you for it. Think that's going to work really well?
    Check out the stats on unsolved crimes reported to your local police. Then consider the number of actual crimes that are NOT reported at all.
    Now,,,,,, tell me again who is going to protect me??????

from an idgit coffeeholic

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Best to educate smaller groups or individuals at a time
    Exactly who do you think you're educating? You sound like an idiot trying to cause a stir. Take that anti-police junk somewhere else.
    Lmao, I'm hardly anti-cop. Did you even read my posts?

They have a role to play, and I support it. If/when they forget who's really paying their bills (us), that's where I have a problem and you should to. 1) it makes them complacent and lazy 2) it makes the public complacent and lazy which creates a false sense of security - among other things. The 2nd part is really what this thread is about...

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Well you're wrong in thinking they were granted by the Constitution.

They were granted by God (our Creator) and simply acknowledged and protected by the Constitution. That goes for LEOs and and non-LEOs alike.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Police are unconstitutional.

Sheriffs are constitutional. We should all be deputies.
    Then we can carry openly, and full auto.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Well you're wrong in thinking they were granted by the Constitution.

They were granted by God (our Creator) and simply acknowledged and protected by the Constitution. That goes for LEOs and and non-LEOs alike.
    I'm not touching that one :-)
    Police are unconstitutional.

Sheriffs are constitutional. We should all be deputies.
    Then we can carry openly, and full auto.
    I agree that Sheriffs have more direct Constitutional authority, however the Constitution ultimately gives freedoms to states and individuals to create those systems of law enforcement. I'm sure if the Sheriffs and courts deemed local agencies unconstitutional, they would have killed it no?

Give me a badge Wyatt, I'm your Hucklberry :cowboy:

Top Bottom