• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I’m looking for something fairly heavy duty. I want to be able to burn enough wood to enjoy a fire for ambience. I would also like it to be versatile enough that I can put a frying pan on top of it and fry something, or put a grate on top of it and grill a steak or other meat.

Thoughts and recommendations appreciated!

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    if you have welding skills a saw and some 2" or 4" square tube make one. they are very simple how to do it videos all over the net and youtube

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    I’m looking for something fairly heavy duty. I want to be able to burn enough wood to enjoy a fire for ambience. I would also like it to be versatile enough that I can put a frying pan on top of it and fry something, or put a grate on top of it and grill a steak or other meat.

Thoughts and recommendations appreciated!
    Are you looking for a true "rocket" type stove? Or just a re-burner like a Solo? Does it need to be portable? Turn key, or some assembly required? Budget? Totally dumb, or high tech?
    I have the "High Tech" version myself. I have a Biolite camp stove that makes a small ambient fire out of anything that will fit, has a grill attachment, and can use pots and pans. And in a larger size, I have the Biolite fire pit, which is a lot larger, has a built in grill, and is still portable. I doubt they're what your after, but without more info, it's what I got..

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods

It's not a "Rocket" in a traditional sense. But it's supercharged by a built in fan. Zero smoke if loaded correctly. And you have temperature control by controlling the fan speed. It's not "Heavy Duty" in the sense that you can leave it sit outside for 20 years. But it is "Heavy Duty" in the sense that I've burnt pile of wood through it with no maintenance besides a touch up coat of high temp black now and then...

Top Bottom