• Status
    Not open for further replies.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Bully for you and your never having a bad experiance and you get the "polite to police" medal for today. Wear it proud. Theft would be my biggest fear too but "you have nothing to worry about" is just wrong.

Poor guy, the next time you get pulled over and don't get treated nicely, here's a form for you to fill out...

1_hurtfeelingreport.jpg

You're seriously busting my chops because I am polite and respectful to cops? Well, that speaks volumes, and it's no wonder you've had negative encounters with the police. Maybe if you really, really thought about, maybe it wasn't the cop that was being the jerk!
    Target Sports

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I knew a guy on time in 1974 who was driving down the road and the cops jacked him up and took him to jail for no reason.

It is obvious that due to this we should all park our cars to avoid the possibility of a bad cop jacking with us on the road.

It is just as ridiculous to say someone needs to wory about transporting thir guns in a legal manner because someone, somewhere once got harrassed.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I think 99% is your over thinking it.

I was stopped when I moved to Texas by a LA state trooper for following to close on the interstate and had 5 long guns, 2 handguns and a bunch of 50 cal army ammo cans. I had a Oklahoma DL, a Florida CHL with a Texas address. Needless to say, if that doesn't scream WTF? to an LEO I don't know what does. But needless to say he was cool, I told him what was in the car, he asked if I had anything like C4 jokingly to see if I laughed or got nervous, ask if he could look, told him yep. Looked, ran my plates & DL and sent me on my merry way, not even a ticket.

No Tazing, pepper spray, billyclubs or handcuffs were used on me.

That still leaves baseball bats, dildos, bricks, and a number of other objects I would not want to get hit by ... those SAVAGES!

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Poor guy, the next time you get pulled over and don't get treated nicely, here's a form for you to fill out...

1_hurtfeelingreport.jpg

You're seriously busting my chops because I am polite and respectful to cops? Well, that speaks volumes, and it's no wonder you've had negative encounters with the police. Maybe if you really, really thought about, maybe it wasn't the cop that was being the jerk!

I'm thinking the reason it's major instead of colonel is related to active listening or reading comprehension.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Evidently this thread is going far ...

I can say with 100% absolute validity that the attitude you give anyone in life will significantly dictate how you are treated. If you give cops attitude on the side of the road then you can expect a reaction, just the same as if the cop gave you an attitude you would react to it, or perhaps people in this thread as a very obvious example.

This is simple communication 101. If you want people to be friendly and open you don't use closed or defensive body language, tone, and diction. You have to lead by example in your conversation, and in every day to day reaction I've had with people exercising patience and friendly attitude will get you mega points with a number of people you encounter, including the police.

The Constitution may empower you to be a flaming assbag, but it's not for society to tolerate you, and you reap what you sow.

This isn't pointed at anyone in particular, but just making a closing point.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom