• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Just my opinion but do a hard pass on the Mossberg 715T (and pistol version 715P) if you run across one....prices are good....function not so good....

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    This thread brings back memories of shooting my dads Marlin 60 when I was about 6. I would go with a tippmann arms m4-22 or even smith and Wesson 15-22 just because of the adjustable stock they come with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

studenygreg

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    This thread brings back memories of shooting my dads Marlin 60 when I was about 6. I would go with a tippmann arms m4-22 or even smith and Wesson 15-22 just because of the adjustable stock they come with

The tippmann is a great rifle, especially if you want something to simulate the weight of a 556 AR. I only got the s&w because its polymer and very light.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

or.slacker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2018
    US
    Rossi makes a pump .22 that I used to teach both of my kids. It worked great. Faster than a bolt, but safer than an auto. And left compatible.

studenygreg

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Rossi makes a pump .22 that I used to teach both of my kids. It worked great. Faster than a bolt, but safer than an auto. And left compatible.

There's one sitting at my LGS pretty cheap that I have been wanting to check out.

FireInTheWire

a man can be destroyed but not defeated
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

My daughter made a hit on the steel silhouette at 400yrds last weekend this rifle. It's a awesome little setup.

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    The tippmann is a great rifle, especially if you want something to simulate the weight of a 556 AR. I only got the s&w because its polymer and very light.

Nothing wrong with going polymer especially for the kids. My first 22 was a marlin 60 and it was heavy for me as a kid to shoot free standing. Thankfully 22 has no recoil or I would have been knocked on my ass from having to lean backwards to help hold it up. I chose the tippmann for the reason you stated it being great to simulate the weight of a 556 plus it’s a lot cheaper to plink with. Side note, I still remember my first time shout a 12 gauge around 12 yrs old and it almost knocking me to the ground. It knocked my hat off. I will same it got me over the fear of heavy recoil.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    My granddaughters love the Henry youth model I gifted them. But they are a bit older, 14 and 15.

Top Bottom