Patriot Mobile

Right about now would be a bad time to be shopping at the Cielo Vista Mall in El Paso

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    upload_2019-8-11_20-50-24.png

Not sure if it's been posted, but the Walmart Super Center is not physically connected to the Cielo Vista Mall...

Also, the PetSmart store is located at the far right end of the mall...
    Hurley's Gold

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-11_20-50-24.png
      upload_2019-8-11_20-50-24.png
      1.4 MB · Views: 561

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    You try duckduckgo? The Bath massacre is still the largest school mass murder. I think it's still in the top 5 of any mass murder by a civilian... The largest mass murder by a civilian used diesel and fertilizer.

Huh? You said bombs and arson were used more often. Bath was a single incident. I want to see the source saying that bombs and arson were used more often by attention seeking murderers.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I want to see the source saying that bombs and arson were used more often by attention seeking murderers.
    I'm not your research assistant, BUT my curiosity got the better of me...

I'm having trouble finding data I've previously read. If you type in "mass murder" in google, it outputs results for "mass shootings"? Good ole search manipulations... Going off just what is on Wikipedia, they show firearms as a method of murder on all but four of the mass murders prior to Columbine they list. So I guess I'm wrong!

Thing is I'm not sure I fully trust the data on Wikipedia. Going back to the Bath Massecre; they list firearms, melee, and explosives as the method of murder, but the only time a firearm was used was to shoot a stick of dynamite. The gun wasn't used to shoot anyone. Also I'm not aware of any melee weapons being used at all.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    If you type anything into Google you get what they want you to get. I suggest you try a couple different search engines.

Research is becoming a specialty due to Google's spoon feeding talking points from a certain point of view.

And it most certainly isnt jedi!.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    OK, at its core this is just a rant and kinda off-topic so feel free to skip right over it.
    If you type in "mass murder" in google, it outputs results for "mass shootings"?
    Since I have an interest in the way terms are used to shape arguments (i.e., mass murder vs. mass shooting vs. whatever someone wants to make up to suit their narrative), I did a little research a while back. While it's possible to play with definitions of terms quite a bit to produce different lists, I decided on my own definition of mass murder. I rejected serial killers who may have or claimed to have killed huge numbers of people over time. I rejected acts of war. I included acts of terrorism not connected with a recognized foreign state.

By my count, the top 10 mass murders in the U.S. were
    • 3 cases where people deliberately crashed planes (counting 9/11 as one combined incident plus two additional incidents on the west coast dating back to the 1960s or 1970s),
    • 2 mass shootings (the Pulse nightclub and the Las Vegas festival),
    • 2 bombings (Bath and Murrah),
    • 2 cases of arson (Happyland and the circus fire), and
    • 1 more I can't remember that was either a bombing or an arson.
    Yet Google steers people towards "mass shootings" when they search for "mass murder"? I'm not surprised.

There are far too many people who design technology who feel it's their solemn duty to make people better, i.e. make over their thought processes into something more correct. "More correct", of course, being defined by the folks who design the technology, even if they're not fully conscious of what they're doing. It used to be that real indoctrination couldn't begin until kids went to school or even to college. Now, though, it's baked into the devices and media that they consume from the crib onward, during every waking hour.

This is an insidious evil. My heart goes out to all the children who are growing up glued to screens and believing what they see and read.

There's a special circle of Hell reserved for those who lie to children.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Names or web site addresses?
    Google "search engine" or "internet search"

Just kidding. You already got listed what I would suggest.

Today if I'm looking for news I goto a bunch different sites. Searching something scary to libtards I use different search engines. Big tech controls everything from news to search results to supposedly trending items. You cant trust them and since they have all but control access to everything online it's time they be forced to not stifle speech in any way. They are the proverbial screaming loud siren proving why free speech is supposed to protect speech you dont like most of all because if you allow limits you cant control who says what those are.
    They are no longer private companies unbeholding to constitutional protections.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Worlds greatest Media now stating gun masters, Plano sold him the gun. Legal FFL transfer, but they still showed a pic of the store. Guess I'll go buy something to support them.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    A story I read said he got the gun from Romania and ammo from Russia online.

Didnt even try to clarify the importer or the process and that he didnt get them directly. Wanted it to sound like you can just call up Putin and order shit.

The did add a Quote about the dealer transfer from another dealer explaining the process. Otherwise they obviously wouldnt have mentioned it.

Christ almighty.

kirk10100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    The media in El Paso is making no clarifications. They are reporting that he got the weapon from Romania and the ammo came from Russia. If I didn’t know better, I would think I could order weapons directly from the country the weapon originated from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom