Rifle Suppressors... worth it with Super Sonic ammo?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I've owned a pistol can for years and enjoy shooting subs through it, but whenever I send supers down the pipe, the sonic crack is still pretty loud so I've always kinda ignored rifle supressors based on the fact I'll never shoot sub sonic rifle ammo.

Lately, I've considered it more of taking the edge off type of device, and I want to get in line before the pistol amnesty if it happens. I've had a Rugged razor in my cart for days, but haven't committed.

I've never heard a rifle suppressed in real life so it's hard to judge if it's worth $900.

What do ya'll say?
    Military Camp

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I've owned a pistol can for years and enjoy shooting subs through it, but whenever I send supers down the pipe, the sonic crack is still pretty loud so I've always kinda ignored rifle supressors based on the fact I'll never shoot sub sonic rifle ammo.

Lately, I've considered it more of taking the edge off type of device, and I want to get in line before the pistol amnesty if it happens. I've had a Rugged razor in my cart for days, but haven't committed.

I've never heard a rifle suppressed in real life so it's hard to judge if it's worth $900.

What do ya'll say?
    I will bring my hybrid on a 308 or 7.62x39 for ya at the meet. Plenty of others should bring cans too. It's not bad.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

What do ya'll say?
    Totally worth it.

Less blast, less boom.

You still have the crack from the bullet, but it is MUCH more nicer.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    It's much more
    maxresdefault.jpg

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I wouldn't get any multical suppressors. My Hybrid 46 on my AR15 is barely something I'd like to shoot without hearing protection on. SUPER LOUD, but 200 yards away a girl said she couldn't even hear it. I have no idea how.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Too late but this site is great.

This guy tests suppressors at the ear and muzzle. You can filter down to a SBR MK18 with supersonic out of a good amount of cans. He can’t test everything but a lot of popular suppressors are on the site and the results are interesting. Best dedicated can for 5.56 currently is a printed model.

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I wouldn't get any multical suppressors. My Hybrid 46 on my AR15 is barely something I'd like to shoot without hearing protection on. SUPER LOUD, but 200 yards away a girl said she couldn't even hear it. I have no idea how.
    I only do multi cal cans. My other can is a Rugged Obsidian 45 so it can shoot everything pistol related. I'm willing to give up a few dB to be able to use it on everything.

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Too late but this site is great.

This guy tests suppressors at the ear and muzzle. You can filter down to a SBR MK18 with supersonic out of a good amount of cans. He can’t test everything but a lot of popular suppressors are on the site and the results are interesting. Best dedicated can for 5.56 currently is a printed model.
    The mount system was more important to me because I'm going to share across multiple rifles. I usually run some type of brake and this will allow me to keep a muzzle device when not suppressed. Plus going with a shorter can, I'm not looking for the quietest setup. Just want to tame down some rifle caliber pistols.

Top Bottom