• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    A right wing politician can't win. The support of the far right just is not there in this country, in spite of the wishes of many on this forum. Most people in this country are pretty much in the center politically.

I would only add that...IMO...the majority of Americans are mindless sheeple who are too easily swayed by the MSM, no matter how much they claim to "formulate my own thoughts." I'd go so far as to say a lot of genuine conservatives are too easily swayed by the MSM. I agree that although I hope like crazy that a conservative can win, I think Obama will get a second term and then we're all totally screwed.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I would only add that...IMO...the majority of Americans are mindless sheeple who are too easily swayed by the MSM, no matter how much they claim to "formulate my own thoughts." I'd go so far as to say a lot of genuine conservatives are too easily swayed by the MSM. I agree that although I hope like crazy that a conservative can win, I think Obama will get a second term and then we're all totally screwed.
    I hope we are wrong but I suspect we are right.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Rick Perry is a RHINO in name only.

A reformed Democrat, he saw the light and fought for smaller government at all levels.

Most importantly, He singularly of all other Governors, speaks of State Rights and enforcement of the 10th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

He is a veteran who flew aircraft on ACTIVE DUTY.

He slayed a rabid Coyote while carrying a pistol he was licensed to carry.

He sought to relieve congestion on the I-35 corridor, and his efforts were rebuffed. It was a mistaken plan many of us were uncomfortable with. Yet, traffic on I-35 is only getting worse, and no one has a better idea.

He opposes "Sanctuary Cities."

How can you not support his argument that the Federal Government over reaches, imposes unfunded mandates on the States, ignores State's Rights, and is anti-business.

Texas, under Governor Perry, grew more jobs in the last ten years than all other states combined.

As for corruption, I'll take Perry any time a union wants to organize in Tejas!

Had he been corrupt, the Liberals in Austin would have laid him low long ago.

I say: Perry / Pailin in 2012!

Be well.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Here's the way I see it. Ignorance is bliss... The country elects Obama because we don't want another GWB. The country will elect a republican because we don't want another Obama. This cycle will continue for sometime. Our two party system refuses to help any of its constituents and soon we will be at an epic moment in our country's political history when we need to choose between progress and tradition.

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    this is my motto. "Politicans are evil. America as we know it will soon collapse. Buy ammo and toilet paper."

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    I thinks it funny that people bash Perry considering Texas HAS 1- the best economy the last few yrs out of all 50 states. 2- more people are beating down our door to move here which says something. 3- Texas has created MORE jobs than any other state for the last few yrs. 4- He's PRO-GUN. 5- even the Libs that RUINED their home state of CRAZIFORNIA are flocking here rapidly. so IMHO, Perry has a better track record on actually running a state more than most. Yeah he has some issues, but as a whole he's helped make this a great state to live and work in.....Im in favor of Cain, but if its Perry or O-DUMBA$$, well OBVIOUSLY Perry it is!! Oh and as for Rue Paul, He would either be getting high or slamming herione if he took over the whitehouse!! that NUTJOB aint got a chance in HELL to win!!

Rockfish Dave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2011
    Michigan
    My family is voting for Ron Paul he is the best and last hope for our Republic.

I will save you the restatement of facts easily researched: Perry has more in common with Mitt Romney than a true conservative.

His complete disregard for pivate property rights and covert continuation of the trans america highway spell more problems and loss of soviergnty (sp?). He abuses iminent domain and offers property owners the "carrot" or the "stick" carrot is what they offer, and the stick is the threat of iminent domain and you take what we give you...

Sorry for the hasty post and spelling errors, but I think my point get's through.

Rockfish Dave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2011
    Michigan
    I thinks it funny that people bash Perry considering Texas HAS 1- the best economy the last few yrs out of all 50 states. 2- more people are beating down our door to move here which says something. 3- Texas has created MORE jobs than any other state for the last few yrs. 4- He's PRO-GUN. 5- even the Libs that RUINED their home state of CRAZIFORNIA are flocking here rapidly. so IMHO, Perry has a better track record on actually running a state more than most. Yeah he has some issues, but as a whole he's helped make this a great state to live and work in.....Im in favor of Cain, but if its Perry or O-DUMBA$$, well OBVIOUSLY Perry it is!! Oh and as for Rue Paul, He would either be getting high or slamming herione if he took over the whitehouse!! that NUTJOB aint got a chance in HELL to win!!

On Perry's watch things have gotten worse. He is a shameless POLITICIAN not a Statesman!

Our fiscal position is not so hot (15 second search turned up the following):

January
    Wow: Texas Deficit Estimate Comes In Worse Than The Worst Expectations

February
    Analysis: Texas vs California: A tale of two budget deficits | Reuters

May
    Budget Woes Cloud Texas Governor's Re-Election - WSJ.com

June
    Texas Budget Mess Now as Bad as California's - The Texas Observer

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    A vote for Ron Paul is simply a vote to re-elect Obama. Paul has zero chance and the guy is a nut. Anybody naive enough to believe we will get a true statesman ever again as president is living in another world

mikeofcontex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Midlothian, TX
    Perry is hardly the only govenor that is expressing states rights. Do just a little research on Oklahoma, Montana, and others. If the Rs run another Bob Dole or GW, Obama will squeak out a win. If the primary process is held fairly, Ron Paul and others have a chance. Oh yeah... a govenor has already been excluded from debates. The Rhinos are in rare form.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    On Perry's watch things have gotten worse. He is a shameless POLITICIAN not a Statesman!

Our fiscal position is not so hot (15 second search turned up the following):
    who said anything about A stateman or that he is the "Perfect" Governor?? and as far as getting worse here, im sure none of the DEMO's that were helping to run this state into the ground like they do EVERYWHERE ELSE were to blame huh?

im simply saying even with his mistakes TEXAS is STILL doing better than most states. most all states are over budget and yet TEXAS still creates more jobs and has MORE people moving here. and if its so bad here why is that? not to mention 1 of yer artices praised BROWN and the another even stated texas was far better off than STUPIDFORNIA. and anyone whom thinks Texas is the same as Crazifornia economy wise and comparing the 2 as equals must be HIGH AS A KITE!!

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Perry is hardly the only govenor that is expressing states rights. Do just a little research on Oklahoma, Montana, and others. If the Rs run another Bob Dole or GW, Obama will squeak out a win. If the primary process is held fairly, Ron Paul and others have a chance. Oh yeah... a govenor has already been excluded from debates. The Rhinos are in rare form.
    They are almost certain to run another uninspiring empty suit, just as they seemingly always do. The party leadership is clueless - remember the screwup by the New York Repubs in District 23? The ones that didn't have a primary for a special election for a U.S. House seat and ran Dede Scozzafava? She was arguably more liberal than the Dem she ran against and who she ultimately ended up endorsing. Huckabee, Pawlenty, Romney - who are they? Palin... hardly anyone outside the Tea Party takes her seriously. At least that circus act named Trump is out, and Gingrich almost is. The whole menu of Republican candidates is like going to a Chinese buffet restaurant at 13:30. :banghead:

Oh, I didn't mean to leave out Ron Paul; in keeping with the buffet analogy, he'd be the unfamiliar looking thing on the buffet table that might be good but everyone's afraid to try it.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    our fiscal position is not so hot

this!!

To fix fiscal mess, follow Texas | texas, state, businesses - Opinion - The Orange County Register

To fix fiscal mess, follow Texas

By Jay Ambrose

So what example should America follow, that of deficit-slaughtering, budget-cutting, seriously limited government in Texas, which has added 730,000 jobs in the past decade, or that of regulation-happy, spend-mercilessly, owe-everything, flee-this-place-quickly California, which has lost 600,000 jobs during the same period?

While not a hard question in a nation where unemployment recently shot up over 9 percent again and is dramatically expanding its unfunded entitlement promises on top of its accumulating debt, let's continue to look at some astounding facts about Texas after noting a much-repeated analysis of how it got there.

It has no state income tax, low corporate taxes, does just enough regulating to get the job done, cares for the environment without making a fetish of it, lets its legislature meet for a relatively short period just once every two years, keeps the executive branch slim and trim and is a right-to-work state where unions don't get to grab dues through governmental coercion.

Businesses love all that, varied researchers tell us. A number point out that, in 2008, Texas accounted for fully 70 percent of all new jobs created in America, and if you think that's great, which it is, don't suppose this was a one-shot deal. Businesses are reported to rate Texas the single best state in which to operate. Give them a chance and many will pull up stakes from yonder plunder-and-abuse venue and follow the Lone Star to high profits, sharing prosperity and opportunity as they resettle.

Meanwhile, what glitters is definitely not the Golden State. California is faced with a $26 billion deficit, cripples businesses with unconscionable taxes and rules, has dreamt up environmental objectives that in effect are combat tactics against the common good and is faced with a cost of living that is only part of the reason why citizens are deserting the place like the hoards that once upon a time rushed to enjoy its splendor.

Recently, even Gov. Jerry Brown was quoted as describing his state as "fantasy land," and he wasn't talking about movies issuing from Hollywood. He was talking about the sort of thing various publications have documented – The Washington Examiner, The Weekly Standard, The Economist, The National Review, Newsweek, etc. – such as the second highest personal state income tax in the country and public employee pensions there is no way to honor.

There are liberals who hate the mention of any of this, especially when conservatives point how the two states are so much alike in population and demographic mix, and to be sure, there are some non-political factors at play. The liberals vastly overreach, though, with some making a major point earlier this year about how Texas was faced with a budget it couldn't handle and others bemoaning a service deficit.

Texas, with a vastly increasing inflow population that makes it even tougher to deal with employment and governmental growth, has nevertheless been fighting back successfully against budgetary expansion, using some gimmicks but mainly necessary program reductions to keep taxes down to a level instigating entrepreneurship. Services there are hardly in as much jeopardy as in California, whose overcrowded prisons the Supreme Court refuses to tolerate, and nothing helps the poor like jobs. Texas does not shine in public education, but outdoes California in national testing, it's reported.

The Texas example is basically the way America has to go, the way Republicans in the House of Representatives insist we go, and the way too many Senate Democrats and President Barack Obama resist, their clear preference being the California model of spend yourself into misery, soak-the-upper-middle-class and businesses with tax hikes, tie the businesses up with so many regulations they can't compete anymore and offer no remedy but mush and demagoguery on anything truly serious in scope.

It won't work in part because, as a new USA Today report shows, the government's entitlement pledges (mainly to Medicare and Social Security) grew so much last year that they now exceed anticipated revenues by $61.6 trillion, or $534,000 per household. Does anyone actually believe that, even if some tax increases done through reform might help, we can tax our way out of this?

Geronimo45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    NE Texas
    IMO, there are only three possibles for GOP nomination:
    1. Romney - AKA, the white Obama. If the election were today, I can't think of any reason to vote for him instead of the other guy.
    2. Palin - don't trust her. Something's off about her, and I don't quite know what it is. She sets off my warning klaxons, and I worry that she's not much different from McCain. She is pro-gun.
    3. Perry - distant third to Palin. GWB 2.0, now with improved 2nd Amendment beliefs.
    The rest have no chance this cycle. Next cycle, sure. Not this time around.
    Paul has no hope. His campaigners are terrible (from what I've heard). If he had grade-A campaign staff, he might have a chance. Maybe he and Rand can bring libertarian thought back to the GOP from its Buckley-imposed exile. He's terrible at sound bites (see the Osama remark), which also dooms his chances.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    IMO, there are only three possibles for GOP nomination:
    1. Romney - AKA, the white Obama. If the election were today, I can't think of any reason to vote for him instead of the other guy.
    2. Palin - don't trust her. Something's off about her, and I don't quite know what it is. She sets off my warning klaxons, and I worry that she's not much different from McCain. She is pro-gun.
    3. Perry - distant third to Palin. GWB 2.0, now with improved 2nd Amendment beliefs.
    The rest have no chance this cycle. Next cycle, sure. Not this time around.
    Paul has no hope. His campaigners are terrible (from what I've heard). If he had grade-A campaign staff, he might have a chance. Maybe he and Rand can bring libertarian thought back to the GOP from its Buckley-imposed exile. He's terrible at sound bites (see the Osama remark), which also dooms his chances.
    Very well put sir.

Top Bottom