• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    My friend Bonnie and I went to see "Into The Woods" a few days ago. The flick is over two hours long and has an impressive cast. It is a musical that takes several familiar children's fairy tales- especially "Jack & The Beanstalk" and blends it into a tale filled with morals and lessons in life. The story is told in song.

The movie may be great for kids but I wasn't fond of it. I had a hard time staying awake and later, when Bonnie and I discussed it, she conked out several times, too! In one word, the flick was BORING!

There were a few kids in the theater so I occasionally glanced over to see their reactions to the movie. They were out cold!

I liked the positive role modeling that the movie transmitted and the way several child stories were blended. That took a lot of imagination! The good guys won and the bad guys lost.

In summarizing this flick, the message comes through loud and clear: "Winners never cheat. Cheaters never win"

The BEST line in the movie when Prince Charming comments "I was raised to be charming not sincere." It was a great line! (Thanks to Burnt Jeep for that correction!)

I did NOT like it that most of the movie was filmed in very low light.

The movie may be good for some.....just not for me. I didn't like it. I'm sure that kids may enjoy it but I didn't. Bonnie felt the same way. In assigning a "grade", it doesn't seem fair to give it an "F" because it didn't ring my bell. I gave it an "INCOMPLETE".

Flash
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

Burnt Jeep

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2014
    Woodway,TX
    I always enjoy your movie reviews. I have not seen the movie but have enjoyed watching the play. That being said I think Disney did not advertise this movie properly because the play is not really kid friendly. I have actually advised all my friends to watch the movie alone prior to taking their children. Also, the line by Prince Charming is "I was raised to be charming not sincere." It is my wife's favorite line.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Thanks for the correction! It was a great line!

With your permission, I'll edit my OP to correct that.

Flash

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    when the prince made out with the bakers wife.

That's why I applied the term "Winners never cheat and Cheaters never win." Those who cheated, strayed or were guilty of treachery, didn't end up well.

Flash

Last edited:

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    The music was originally Stephen Sondheim and could be heard easily in the first part of the movie. Apparently Disney determined the music too dark for kids so the later songs were revised and it made the whole soundtrack of the movie feel disconnected. It was very West Side Story / Sweeny Todd sounding at the beginning (great music) and ended up sounding like Willie Wonka by the end (not so much.)

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Interesting information! I was talking to Bonnie about the music and lyrics and brought up "South Pacific", "Anna and the King of Siam", West Side Story" and similar musicals. The songs had a life of their own. They stood alone had memorable lyrics and even had a "beat". When you left the theater, you were humming the songs and they stuck in your head! I saw none of that in "Into the Woods." The songs existed for a moment and drifted away like a fart in a windstorm.

Flash

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Yeah, originally a stage show (it's been on and off broadway for over 20 years) and adapted for the movie. People who loved the stage show don't seem too impressed with the movie.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've had some time to think about "Into The Woods" for a while. I can't remember a flick other than this that I truly hated! Usually, I can find SOMETHING that I can enjoy, but that never happened on this movie.

Thinking back, "Love Story" may have caused the gagging reflex to become a factor but that was how long ago? Yup, this was the worst flick (for me) of all time!

Flash

Top Bottom