• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    Any idea where I could dispose of old worn US flags? I have a 3x5 one displayed from my front porch/entry at all times, but they become worn after about 6 months. I fold them up and store them after I get a new one. I used to drop them off at the Home Depot or Lowes where the Boy Scouts had a box for collecting them for proper disposal. Now they don't have that any more. I live near Grapevine/Flower Mound/Lakeside area north of DFW airport. Anyone know of an organization nearby that collects and respectfully retires old flags?

ACCIII

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2022
    Ohio
    Any idea where I could dispose of old worn US flags? I have a 3x5 one displayed from my front porch/entry at all times, but they become worn after about 6 months. I fold them up and store them after I get a new one. I used to drop them off at the Home Depot or Lowes where the Boy Scouts had a box for collecting them for proper disposal. Now they don't have that any more. I live near Grapevine/Flower Mound/Lakeside area north of DFW airport. Anyone know of an organization nearby that collects and respectfully retires old flags?
    Where I am located in BFE Ohio, our VFW and American Legion accepts retired versions of Old Glory ;-)

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    I have heard that but never confirmed until now, tks.

I did know that, I just don't have a place to do it since my BBQ grill is built in gas and the ash would be difficult to remove.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    U may burn a flag that has become unserviceable.
    We installed a flagpole on top of a 70' grain silo back home. I tried every flag I could find, finally settling on the printed Annon flags instead of the stitched. The wind up there chewed them up quickly, and I went through a minimum of 4 flags a year.
    We looked into it, and found that you could burn them yourself, if done respectfully. We did it a few times. But it never felt anything but wrong. No matter how "respectful" we tried to be, it never felt like enough.
    I don't think I'll ever do it again outside of some extraordinary circumstance.

Top Bottom