• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    As for gun safes, ANY kind of passive security only makes it difficult and time consuming to get at the valuables. If they really want in, they will get in (unless it takes enough time and makes enough noise for someone to interrupt them.)

I worked with a guy that built a large safe in his house. Filled the bottom with cement. Bad guys figured it must be loaded with valuables. One day, they backed a tow truck up to his house, ran the tow cable through a window and around the safe. Then they drove off, dragging the safe through the side of the house and down the street. Somehow they managed to load it up and haul it away, never to be seen again.
    DK Firearms

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    {sniff} Does this thread pass the smell test? A come-on for a sales pitch? Stats from the Brady bunch??? {sniff}

Nope, doesn't smell right to me.
    lol... I dunno, is the OP a safe salesman? If so he should give a forum discount ;)

Regardless of motive, it's not bad to be reminded to secure your stuff the best you can.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I think TI and others, however, see a "scare salesman" approach, and that turns most folks off. He'd be better off intro'ing himself and offering to answer questions honestly. When I was looking at safes a few years back, I had one guy tell me to "start" with a Ft. Knox when he found out what I'd be storing......but he didn't sell 'em. Don't recall the brand he was selling - Amsec IIRC - but because of that I've sent a half-dozen others to see him, because I knew he'd be honest w/'em. Another company I tried to deal with had me really going, but my nose started twitchin' and I did some more homework on 'em - glad I did, because they have a LOUSY rep.
    But tell ya what....if you can get that 1800-lb Ft Knox outta this house, yer welcome to it. Oh - an' the lead in the bottom.<EG>

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    {sniff} Does this thread pass the smell test? A come-on for a sales pitch? Stats from the Brady bunch??? {sniff}

Nope, doesn't smell right to me.
    I didnt pick up on any safe salesman here....I havent seen any particular brand being pushed, just some that say it is a good investment to have one. Maybe my sniffer isnt working today?

Top Bottom