• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkdan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2010
    austin
    Remington 40x 308 Government contract rifle built for the DEA sniper team (LA field office). 1 of 2 built by the remington custom shop(Hart barrels supplied the barrels at that time...it is a threaded heavy bull barrel 20" hart, 6 groove, cryo-treated,1-12 twist with a muzzle diameter of 1.0"). As far as know, this is the only one that has made it to the civilian market. It was built in 1995 and has just under 1400 documented rounds. The agent who it was assigned to, replaced the a2 stock in 1997 with a mcmillan/robar sr-90 stock($1200+ from robar). Robar did an outstanding job with the action and lug bedding. The agent kept the rifle as a personal gun and eventually traded it in on a new build to g gardner(owner of GA precision). George added a badger bolt knob, and m5 bottom metal to bring the gun into the 21st century, he never shot it. I added an aac 51 brake/suppressor adapter and an atlas rail for my bipod.The rifle and stock have some light scuffs and scratches since it was a duty weapon but is very clean over all. The gun comes with a serial #'d Dept of Justice issued data book, has pages and pages of groups fired by the sniper team with this rifle....most measuring 1/4-1/2 inch in various ranges and conditions. This rifle is an absolute hammer. Log book also documents all fired rounds.Nothing but factory loads fired through her. Rifle comes with one 5 round aics mag. Warne 20moa tactical base. The original thread protector is missing but I will include another one that is from a different rifle. THE SCOPE AND BIPOD IN THE PICTURE ARE NOT INCLUDED. Not interested in any trades. This is a one of a kind gun and a true collectors piece with the supplied data book.Email for more pictures of rifle and groups. $2800 ddover@austin.rr.com

018.jpg 026.jpg

Top Bottom