• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Bought a 5X8 from TSC over 10 years ago and have used the crap out of it every few days......zero problems.........

The were selling for less than 1/2 of what they are charging now..........

Edit: I did change the lights out to LED after I broke one of the lights off.......

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Got my Top Hat at a little red neck place on 67 outside of Mount Pleasant, Got the Big Tex from a little tractor dealer on 380 by Farmersville, got the Texas Pride from the shop in Madisonville. I paid less than the clowns on FB and Craigs List were asking for ratted out shit. Paid under retail on all, just takes time and patience
    I've been waiting 3 years for a deal on 16x7 tandem. How much time and patience does OP have?

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Buy a welder, tanks, hoses, electrodes, rod, helmet, gloves. Then order load of steel, pickup in your SUV with orange flag. Order axles and hitch coupler. Get stack of old issue of Popular Mechanics for plans. Learn how to weld. Then grind off any bad welds. Re-weld- thicker the better. Sand, prime, paint trailer. Wire lights.

If you do it right, I bet it'd cost around $5k and under 6 months time.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Just get some ramps

parking-fail.gif

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Well sh*t.
    All I want is a little trailer to haul my riding mower back and forth.
    Maybe a quad now and then.
    I'm not hauling a Bobcat loader or anything. I'm a city puss.
    Then a Carry On will suit you just fine. If on occasion you need something bigger, rent it.
    Check your vehicle's towing capacities and include weight of trailer in your calcs.
    If used, do not buy w/o the requisite title / registration, the hassle at the tax office ain't worth the savings.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    When did you get it? I've been looking for a better trailer, but have yet to see a used one (that isn't whooped) for much less than a new one. Even on marketplace and CL people are asking ridiculous prices for used shit. No titles for most of them either. This is a mostly a post covid thing though. Precovid things were reasonable. Mostly. My carry on was on sale for $399. Same trailer today is $999 when it's on sale.

About four years ago. Little place outside Kemp, TX on highway 175 called "Little Texas Trailer Sales" - and they're still there.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Well sh*t.
    All I want is a little trailer to haul my riding mower back and forth.
    Maybe a quad now and then.
    I'm not hauling a Bobcat loader or anything. I'm a city puss.
    I would also recommend avoiding the HD/Lowe’s/Northern Tool units.
    As has been said already, buy used. Facebook marketplace is literally flooded with them.
    I picked up an Interstate brand 5x10 with Led lights, pipe top, and 3500Lb axle fir what you would spend on A TSC 5x8.
    When I asked the guy if he had ever greased the wheel bearings, he looked at me and said “ It’s literally got one trip to Dallas and back on it.”
    SOLD!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Whatever you get, make sure it has a 3500lb axle, 15 or 16 inch wheels and a ramp. I'll never buy another trailer without ramps.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
    On one of my trips to South African on safari I made the comment about all the tiny wheeled trailers it seemed everyone was pulling. As one was passing us the tire came off and was hauling ass down the highway. To add insult to injury after rolling a 1/4 mile away from where they pulled over the tire hit something and went airborne, going high enough to clear a high fence.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I bought one at Northern Tool for around $1k. I've hauled my Kawasaki Mule around with it. So far so good. Pretty sturdy.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I don't know if I'm doing it right but I've been looking at "used" trailers all afternoon.
    HORY CLAP! What ain't busted junk is priced at or over new.
    Some of that clapped out rusted crap wouldn't be safe to pull to the end of the driveway.

Top Bottom