Venture Surplus ad

Recommend a defensive handgun instructor/course in central Texas.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Continuing in my theme of trying to take advice from others and stop learning the hard way, I am planning on taking some formal training.

Who can you recommend in the Austin/San Antonio area?

What course do you recommend?

What is the approximate cost and how many rounds do you go through?

Id consider myself an intermediate shooter but im not against taking a basic class so long as I learn from it.

Combative W

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Feel free to take a look at us at Combative Weapon Solutions 2014 Training Schedule | Weapons Training for Life Preservation All of our diverse cadre of instructors are current/prior law enforcement, military, and EMS. Combined, we have over 60 years of real street experience and application. We do not teach anyone to be a "special forces ninja" or "SWAT", we teach the realities of how to survive and bad situation to law abiding citizens within the real of the laws that we have to abide by here in the good ole USA. From hosting big names like Chris Costa, to working with high tier defense industry professionals, we are not your average run of the mill defense company. Let me know if you have any questions or if we could be of any assistance. Stay safe.

CWS Spartan Helmet Logo.jpg
    Lee Vernon
    CEO
    Tactical Weapon Training Classes Austin Texas

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    Feel free to take a look at us at Combative Weapon Solutions 2014 Training Schedule | Weapons Training for Life Preservation All of our diverse cadre of instructors are current/prior law enforcement, military, and EMS. Combined, we have over 60 years of real street experience and application. We do not teach anyone to be a "special forces ninja" or "SWAT", we teach the realities of how to survive and bad situation to law abiding citizens within the real of the laws that we have to abide by here in the good ole USA. From hosting big names like Chris Costa, to working with high tier defense industry professionals, we are not your average run of the mill defense company. Let me know if you have any questions or if we could be of any assistance. Stay safe.

View attachment 28208
    Lee Vernon
    CEO
    Tactical Weapon Training Classes Austin Texas

You should really be a paid vendor before you start advertising here

Combative W

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Franzas, I am! God help if someone post actual info that's purpose is to educate and make better shooters within the gun community.

Delta4-3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2014
    Arkansas
    Continuing in my theme of trying to take advice from others and stop learning the hard way, I am planning on taking some formal training.

Who can you recommend in the Austin/San Antonio area?

What course do you recommend?

What is the approximate cost and how many rounds do you go through?

Id consider myself an intermediate shooter but im not against taking a basic class so long as I learn from it.

My best friend/brother/ one of the baddest Ranger's alive (in my mind anyway, don't tell him I said that) does instructing on the side for several different classes/schools. If you want me to put you in contact with him he could help out. He is in Austin.

Linebaugh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2014
    Sweetwater
    KRtraining in Austin is great! Lots of classes to pick from. I would recommend basic pistol 2 if you own a pistol but have never taken higher level classes. Go to the web sight looke around and then send them a email.

Detritus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Lake Jackson, TX
    Another Vote for KR Training. Took "Basic Handgun 2" from them back in Oct. of 2012, overall I enjoyed the course. but found that for me personally that class was not a smooth fit. My wife and I wanted to take a class together and her experience level is lower than mine and Basic 2 most closely fit her needs and desires for a first handgun course. I wrote a short AAR including how and why I feel/felt the way I do (good class, not properly matched to my needs at the time) Found at post #24 on this page.

short version of the AAR is that Basic 2 is partly a bridge from the prior to classes to the intermediate level courses, and also mostly a skill/confidence builder for the shooting portion of the CHL course. My needs instruction/course wise are a little further up the ladder I guess is the best way to put it. Also due to the fragmented nature of how and what techniques I learned since I first picked up a pistol at 25 years ago, I think I am in need of some one on one instruction to show me where the gaps are and to more smoothly integrate what I DO know.

Anyway I fully recommend KR training. and will probably take a class from them again in the future

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Firmus arms. Took one of their courses last weekend and was thoroughly impressed! They have several handgun courses that lead into carbine and shotgun courses! Haven't found anything like them with the same bang for your buck!

sent from wait....where am I!?

rearnold

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    South Texas
    Tiger Valley just east of Wac0 has a 2 day course, that I attended in May 14. Really good course with lot of drills. www.tigervalley.com There is also a write up in the forum on Toger valley, just use the search engine.

I'm going back for the advance portion for the 2 day cousre. In this one the have shoot back targets, should be interesting.

Robert

Top Bottom