• ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    RAPE OF THE US MIDDLE CLASS

Most of you guys know that I’ve been retired for 1-½ years after being forced out of the work force. Companies will not hire older workers regardless of qualifications or abilities. So I ride my bike, listen and observe.

I’ve been riding my bicycles every day and simply observing what I normally drove by in a hurry and ignored. The alarm bells are ringing!

I hear that credit is impossible to get and loans for new homes are locked down yet I see new construction taking place at a rate that is beyond belief! New homes are shooting up like popcorn in areas that offer $200K and minimum 2500 square foot homes. Lots are being snapped up and foundations are poured every day. I have lived here for almost 20 years and have never seen anything like this building boom. Credit for YOU as a middle class worker, is shut off. Someone is damned sure getting financing!

I am not a prejudiced person and love my Hispanic friends and neighbors but something is wrong. I see not one Gringo working on those homes. I stop and chat with the workers, use their porta -potties and get to know them a little bit. Hardly any of the workers speak English. Where are the Gringos in the workforce? There is not ONE!

According to Abraham Maslow in his “Hierarchy of Needs”, we take care of our needs from food, shelter, water etc and when those needs are satisfied, we look to satisfy other needs like giving to others, self fulfillment etc. When folks are starving, their concern for the price of tea in China is very low. The middle class has been destroyed so the Liberal side can defeat their Conservative opponents!

The term used in Economics is “WASP” or White Anglo-Saxon, Protestant. As a class, the “Wasps” are a dying group. Perhaps the term "Murdered" is more appropriate. The numbers are still there but the power is gone because they are frozen out of the workforce. People living under a bridge have no political power. That is no accident!

The Baby Boomers were the largest conservative voting block in America and to disarm their political clout, they are being starved out. We all jumped on the 401K bandwagon, made some money then they kicked the bottom out of the boat. Insiders still make money as they buy and sell along the bumps in the market but folks who are in it for the long haul, get steadily smashed. That is not an accident! The Government wants the middle class to be broke and whipped!

Social Security funds were pissed away instead of being invested. The SS system truly IS a Ponzi Scheme but only because Congress pissed away our money instead of investing it. Had it been managed properly, the SS system would be viable. That was no accident! I made a good income and paid into that system for 50 years while there were few retirees. Millions of my fellow Boomers did, too. Where is that money?

One by one, our middle class members are being wiped out. There are only the workers and the money folks…… a two class system. If you are still in the working middle class, you have a giant target on your back. NAFTA got most of us by shipping our jobs out of the country. The jobs will return when we will work for $5.00 per hour and not one minute sooner. That is by design.

It is no accident that our economy is in the crapper and as Charley Reese; a columnist explains the role of Congress in our economic problems:

“If our tax code is unfair it’s because they want it to be unfair”

“If our budget is in the red it’s because they want it to be in the red.”

To continue his premise, if we are out of work, it is because they WANT us to be out of work.

Our United States Middle Class is being destroyed, exactly as the Liberal Congress wants it to be. The middle class and specifically the “WASP” element, are being starved out of their homes. In that way, the Conservative power of that block of voters is nullified.

Not a WASP and don’t care? If they can do it to us, they can do it to you! Our nation is being redesigned by treachery and deceit. The 2012 elections will not change anything. It’s just too late and the big money boys have won. Things will pick up when we have a society comprised of two classes……..The “Haves” and the “Have Nots”.

Flash
    Hurley's Gold

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    I haven't had any problem obtaining credit. Mortgage in 2009, car loan in 2010 and 2011. I do agree with many of your observations though.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    How much of that is YOUR words?

Except for the Charley Reese quote, I wrote every word of it. The third bold line is not in quotes. They are my words.

The idea began to come together when I was on my morning 17 mile bike ride. The pieces began to fit and the conclusion was inescapable. I wrote the post on Word this afternoon and copy/pasted it into the forum. I sign every post that I make here, use quotation marks and cite references.

NOW.....Why would you question my ownership of this writing in a public forum? You could have easily done that by PM and obtained the answer in private. I have never publicly insulted you and you won't do it to me! If you are the man I think you are, your apology will be forthcoming.

Flash

drummingchevy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Houston

I have had the exact same thoughts on society, but I lack the ability to put thoughts as eloquently as you do. The U.S. will never again be the power it once was. Our paragraph in the history books has a conclusion. The middle class is gone (it's still here, but wait another 15 years) and with today's uncaring youth it will never come back. I consider us to be living in the hakuna matata age. Everyone thinks we can just sit back and everything will be okay:

"We're about to default? Raise the debt ceiing. Hakuna matata."
    "Social Security won't be around much longer? Eh, hakuna matata."
    "We're in a recession? Print more money. Hakuna matata."

I was raised to believe that nothing will ever be okay unless you do something to make it okay. Life is hard and it takes a lot of work, so this whole sit back and have "no worries" culture disturbs me more than anything.

But let's simplify this down to its root cause: we're animals. Human beings are nothing more than predatory animals with opposable thumbs, and that can speak. In the end our instinct tells us that it's kill or be killed. And since no two human beings can agree on everything, we will constantly be trying to "kill off" anyone who opposes us. It really is that simple. Whether it's literally or if it's politically, we each ultimately want to rise to the top of the chain. And if you want to get to the top of this chain, you have to fight and maybe even cheat. Personally, I will do whatever it takes (within the law) to get to the top. I'll betray my economy and invest on foreign markets, I'll work hard and study so that I can step on people to get a higher position within my employer's company. Hopefully I'll end up above the middle class with plenty of political influence. Ideally, I can afford to get my kids proper education and help them to stay at the top of the chain after I'm gone.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    How much of that is YOUR words?

Except for the Charley Reese quote, I wrote every word of it. The third bold line is not in quotes. They are my words.

The idea began to come together when I was on my morning 17 mile bike ride. The pieces began to fit and the conclusion was inescapable. I wrote the post on Word this afternoon and copy/pasted it into the forum. I sign every post that I make here, use quotation marks and cite references.

NOW.....Why would you question my ownership of this writing in a public forum? You could have easily done that by PM and obtained the answer in private. I have never publicly insulted you and you won't do it to me! If you are the man I think you are, your apology will be forthcoming.

Flash

I will not be apologizing. I did not insult you, I asked a simple question. I asked because i have an opinion of the piece.

Good grief.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I think you have a handle on the subject. The USA as we knew it is gone. In a global economy with money centered in other parts of the world, the US is simply one more piece of the puzzle. Was that an accident? Hardly. NAFTA, trade agreements, deregulation of oil, air, transportation has whittled away this once great nation. We were sold out.

The money folks don't want great Americans. They want worker ants who take their pitiful rewards, do what is expected then make more income for the money boys. Folks in skilled occupations are in serious trouble.

People are no longer expected to think. The teen next door seldom leaves his house. He wanted help making a wood project for school but once that was done, his interest in learning something new was over. His Dad bought him a used truck and it sits. The kid hasn't even washed it. It just sits.

Don't forget.....folks like that are easy to control. He'll be a worker ant for some company and spend his life playing computer games.

It's sad but I don't have to plead this case. Just stand by and see what happens.

Flash

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    "I will not be apologizing. I did not insult you, I asked a simple question. I asked because i have an opinion of the piece."

"NOW.....Why would you question my ownership of this writing in a public forum? You could have easily done that by PM and obtained the answer in private."

I'll have no further business with you. This is your usual game and I won't play it. Good day.

Flash

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    The problem with the middle class is that they rely on somebody else to provide for them. They usually have some education and skills and have relied on these to get somebody to pay them (ie provide for them) decently. However,as our economy globalizes and thy are now competing with people all over the world, there is no need to pay them premium wages. So now, because they have come to rely on others to turn their education and skills into a product and these businesses don't have to, they are screwed! Moral of the story....develop your education and skills around earning money directly from consumers, not the govt or corporations - self reliance.

This is not a slam on middle class folks.....I am one. This is my problem also.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    This does not seem like a new problem, it seems to me that it has been happening since W began the trickle down theory which never seemd to trickle down(except maybe some yellow rain). After all of their tax breaks the working class is repaid by having their jobs sent overseas or products that they once made are now imported at 75% of the cost. I agree that immagrant labor is taking more and more jobs, not jobs we are not willing to do, but jobs we are not willing to do for $7/hr. I work with a guy who has a green card and pays taxes and spends money like crazy, which would be good if everything he spent money on wasn't made in china. The problem is he will bitch about immigration laws and how they will treat an illegal like a criminal. I agree that the middle class is dissapearing but it is definatly not a new problem and i don't think it is a liberal agenda. It is a big money agenda, and big money controls our government no matter which side of the fence you are on.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    roger, well done!
    txi, opportunity missed. :(
    How true, very few white anglo males on construction sites. Commercial and industrial have a "reasonable ratio", single family dwellings? Not so much.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    The loss of the middle class begin in the late 60's, dumbing down our public schools, political correctness, the far left has an agenda to eliminate morals, values standards, as to economics the biggest down turn begin in the mid 80's, trading with China was the beginning of the end for the American worker and middle class. Huge trade deficits,nation building,bleeding money to third worlds, here at home people on permanent welfare,food stamps,housing, free medical, Medicaid is one of the worst.

All the above has made many rich people while at the same time destroying others and now we are seeing the end results, corrupt government,corrupt CEO's,greed beyond imagination. Sadly one of the greatest systems in the world capitalism, can and will fail without love of country,morals and values.

May sound corny and old fashion but if you put love of the buck above country it will be lost just that simple.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    The loss of the middle class begin in the late 60's, dumbing down our public schools, political correctness, the far left has an agenda to eliminate morals, values standards, as to economics the biggest down turn begin in the mid 80's, trading with China was the beginning of the end for the American worker and middle class. Huge trade deficits,nation building,bleeding money to third worlds, here at home people on permanent welfare,food stamps,housing, free medical, Medicaid is one of the worst.

All the above has made many rich people while at the same time destroying others and now we are seeing the end results, corrupt government,corrupt CEO's,greed beyond imagination. Sadly one of the greatest systems in the world capitalism, can and will fail without love of country,morals and values.

May sound corny and old fashion but if you put love of the buck above country it will be lost just that simple.

I don't disagree with anything that Roger said. I don't believe that the far left has an agenda to erode morals, I think the more accurate statement is that they have an agenda to modernize or de-Biblify morals, if I can invent a word. :) Neither the far left nor the far right have the solution to the problem that is 2011 America. The solution falls somewhere in the middle.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    RAPE OF THE US MIDDLE CLASS

"The Baby Boomers were the largest conservative voting block in America and to disarm their political clout, they are being starved out."

Sorry, I respectfully disagree that the "Baby Boomers" were in any respect the largest conservative voting block in America.

"Baby Boomers" were born of the "Greatest Generation" that produced a Baby Boom that became the "Hippie Generation."

That generation, by and large is largely selfish, narcissistic, and without any moral or ethical code.

Look to anyone in the White House or Congress born in the years 1946-1966.

William Jefferson Clinton, Hillary Rodham Clinton, Chuck Schumer, George Walker Bush.

All those born before 1941 are most likely Franklin Delano Roosevelt "New Deal" Democrats (and high ranking members of the KKK).

Our "Baby Boom" Congress is mostly populated by dope-smoking, cocaine-snorting, and free-love perverts raised in the age of "tolerance and diversity."

A few "Baby Boomers" remain true to the ideals of the Founding Fathers. Some of us took an oath to "Defend the Republic (Constitution) against all Enemies, Foreign and Domestic."

May you be well, Sir.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    That generation, by and large is largely selfish, narcissistic, and without any moral or ethical code.

Look to anyone in the White House or Congress born in the years 1946-1966.

William Jefferson Clinton, Hillary Rodham Clinton, Chuck Schumer, George Walker Bush.

I don't know shortround. Seems to me you are targeting dems. mainly but don't mind catching all us boomers in the net.
    I personally don't know anyone that fits your description of a boomer, but maybe that's the people I'm surrounded by.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I'm a 1946 vintage and I'm as far from those folks politically as it's possible to get. They say "the cream floats to the top." For the Baby Boomers, I say the turds sink to the bottom and that's where Schumer and the Clintons dwell.

Flash

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Luna2020
    Top Bottom