• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clydeboone

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    Houston!! Where else?
    I see the irony in that statement and I agree with you 100%.

I was at a software trade show listening to several executives talking about customer support, and one made the comment that his cs department handled over 500 cs calls per week, about 70 or more per day. One of the audience raised his hand to ask a question, and the speaker recognized him. The audience member approached the microphone, cleared his throat and asked, "Wouldn't it be better if your cs department handled zero calls per day?"

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I called Dillon today. I was 35th in cue.

I hung up and sent an email instead

but I hear you OP, it seems that every single CS number you call says they are experianceing higher than usual call volume

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Last call for customer support: "Tenk you beddy much, my name is Bob, how am I helping you to do the needful?"

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    What you hear: we are currently experiencing unusually high call volume

What they mean: We are sitting on our lazy ass eating a burger. And finally we will take the call because unfortunately its part of our job to do so.

boomgoesthedynamite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    Sachse (NE DFW)
    Normal call volume = 2 hr wait.
    Unusually high call volume = >2 hr wait.

Try calling and ask for accounts receivable. They seem to be properly staffed everywhere.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I'm with you on the wait times. I recently spent 45 min. on hold with the electric company after I received a disconnect notice even though I had paid my bill on time. Still sorting that one out, but....

The real question is, would you rather experience the long hold times, or get to talk to one of those computers that says tell me what you want and then can't understand what you're saying or just sends you through some loop of automated hell?

Tap

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    I was bitching about this to my wife last night. Glad I'm not the only one. Spent 30 minutes on hold with txtag earlier just to update my debit card. Same shit with ADT the day before. Seems to be the standard recording everywhere now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I was bitching about this to my wife last night. Glad I'm not the only one. Spent 30 minutes on hold with txtag earlier just to update my debit card. Same shit with ADT the day before. Seems to be the standard recording everywhere now.

Wow! Except the bitching to the wife part, I did that exact thing last night and this morning and it's what prompted this thread. It took me about 50 minutes between 2 calls to update my plates. Why not just let me do it online?

Tap

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Exactly. Bank of America issued me a new card for some resson, which caused Txtag to lock me out of my account. Frustrating as hell. I literally have a list of these idiots I need to call now between the new debit card and doctor bills. My lunch breaks will be annoying this week I imagine.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    The real question is, would you rather experience the long hold times, or get to talk to one of those computers that says tell me what you want and then can't understand what you're saying or just sends you through some loop of automated hell?
    I hate those damn things and refuse to speak to them. If you just hold the line without saying anything, usually you get transferred to a human. Sometimes I'll just hit the * and # repeatedly until it gives up and drops you to an operator. One other trick I sometimes use is to press "2" (or whatever) for Spanish; the operators will still speak English and the queues are often shorter.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    One other trick I sometimes use is to press "2" (or whatever) for Spanish; the operators will still speak English and the queues are often shorter.

Friggin brilliant. I wish I would have thought of this before sitting on hold tonight for 40 minutes with Startex power (don't waste your time with these idiots)

Going to remember this trick in the future.

Top Bottom