• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So, I got an email that my UPS package had been deliver. My Handi Rifle was at the FFL, awesome. And I was in the area, more awesome!

So about an hour later I had a chance to swing by. Told them I had a rifle shipped there to transfer and was in the area so wanted to pick it up.

"Did you get a phone call?"

"No, I got an email earlier saying it was delivered." (Looks snarky, but I wasn't.)

"It has to be logged in, we will call you when it's ready"

"Do you know about when that will be?"

"We'll call you when it's ready"

That really pissed me off. I understand it has to be logged in, as far as I know that takes a few minutes. Pull the rifle out and log it in Dammit! (If it's not that easy, cool. I'll drop that part)

Secondary pudding off was due to the fact that they can't even give me a round about time when they might do it. This evening? Tomorrow? Next week? ****, give me something. Your charging me $35 to do the stupid transfer, figures for that price there would be some form of CS.

Lesson learned: if doing an online transfer make sure you know as much as possible about the FFL. I've been in there a few times and they were already on file with PSA. The one I was going to use was hitting road bumps gettin on file so I said F it and took one in the area they had on file. That was my mistake. Learned from it.

Maybe I'm overreacting. Patience isn't my strong suite and it's the first online ou haze I've done for a firearm. If this is the norm, I'll just stick to in store purchases.
    Capitol Armory ad

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Not overreacting IMO...good customer service applies everywhere. I don't give 1 + 2 shits if my order puts more paperwork or burden on your workday. They could have been more accommodating without making themselves work harder and losing you as a customer.

My LGS has me a customer for life for this reason...even if I have to pay a few extra bucks in the long run, I'm cool with that (not likely though, they're affordable)

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    In Wisconsin I got screwed by an FFL. Said it would be $30 over the phone and ended up more like $60 + tax they never should have charged.

Over the phone he never mentioned tax and handling fees that were bogus.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    In Wisconsin I got screwed by an FFL. Said it would be $30 over the phone and ended up more like $60 + tax they never should have charged.

Over the phone he never mentioned tax and handling fees that were bogus.

Did not think tax was charged on a service like that?

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Most ffl I've dealt w/ work out of the house, so receiving the items can be a prob. Since most have regular jobs. But if I have a hard time picking up the item I go elsewhere. I'm paying for a service, and I expect decent service.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    How big a store is this?

Pretty small, but seems to due a fair amount of business. Guns are high but they have a larger selection of powder than just about anyone else in the area and the prices are usually <$30/lb. Think that's what keeps people coming in the door.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    logging in guns is just part of the daily grind.he should have been more accomodating, helpful and friendly. We were shit dog busy and the same thing happened here. told him it would be a few minutes and had him start his 4473. when i had a moment logged it in and got him squared away for 20.00

take your business to where it's appreciated.

jmho

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Thanks for the info. First online order so I wasn't real sure what to expect.

Didn't expect that. Figured they would just log it in and let me do my paperwork and go.

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    Thanks for the info. First online order so I wasn't real sure what to expect.

Didn't expect that. Figured they would just log it in and let me do my paperwork and go.

Find a good FFL that you know by name or where they recognize you when you come in. If I make 3-4 trips to a gunstore and they don't remember me, I'm done.

I'm not the easiest person to forget though.....

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    He only has a limited time to log that in according to the BATFE any way. So them saying that is stupid and unless they have some messed up process, they're jerks!

Price wise, $30 isn't a terrible price for FFL Transfer now a days, especially with all the online companies eating into profits. Granted there are others cheaper, but you didn't get ripped off on anything other than service. Go elsewhere! If you were closer I'd get it for you!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have one that I've dealt with quite a bit but I remember they had said once they didn't want to get in to transfers.

That was a while back and I've given them a bit of money since then so maybe I could persuade them to change their minds.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Just got a call that I can pick up my rifle, not that I can get back over there at this point.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    That sucks. I've only been there a few times looking at things and really never paid to much attention to the CS. But knowing that they overcharge and have a CS problem, I'll stick to going to Fun Guns for stuff and the local pawn shop for transfers. He bitches about it a bit but, he only charges $20.00 for it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I spoke with him on the phone but decided to take one on file due to issues I had with Gold Nugget.

Not sure it was all them, but I had an off feeling about the whole thing with them and switched.

Top Bottom