Guns International

Rant Thread: Small Issues that Piss You Off!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Everybody has things that piss you off but some much more and/or more frequent. Generally they don't amount to chit ..............but it still bugs you. Keep'em as short as you can (one of my rants is about lonnnnng posts:D) and generally one per post. I'll start.

Since I'm a closet grammar Nazi I must comment on a spelling issue I see all over the intenet, not just on forums, but everywhere! There is a big difference between a moron (technically a person with a mental age of between 8 and 12, but we really know what we mean when we say it!) and the word maroon. Generally a color or in the verb form of marooned, to be isolated (usually on an island, etc.). And of course there are lots of other grammar issues but there are really only a few that torque me. And I'll be the first to say that I make many grammar errors everyday but work at trying to catch them. God bless spell check. :p
    DK Firearms

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    OH mah gahd, why is that marooned morons write the looooongest web posts? Sup with that?

Sorry Charlie rolmao

SublimeZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Austin
    Everybody has things that piss you off but some much more and/or more frequent. Generally they don't amount to chit ..............but it still bugs you. Keep'em as short as you can (one of my rants is about lonnnnng posts) and generally one per post. I'll start.

Since I'm a closet grammar Nazi I must comment on a spelling issue I see all over the intenet, not just on forums, but everywhere! There is a big difference between a moron (technically a person with a mental age of between 8 and 12, but we really know what we mean when we say it!) and the word maroon. Generally a color or in the verb form of marooned, to be isolated (usually on an island, etc.). And of course there are lots of other grammar issues but there are really only a few that torque me. And I'll be the first to say that I make many grammar errors everyday but work at trying to catch them. God bless spell check. :p

tl;dr :P

AngeliaH

Life's Peachy
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Central Texas
    It realy realy bothers me when someone will not get to the point. Say what you are gonna say and be done with it. This especially bothers me at work. How hard is it to say I wanna switch cars. I don't need to know who's uncle borrowed who's car and wrecked it. I don't need to know what color it was before you painted it. Just give me the vin number and let's go.
    Aaaaaannnnddd......please don't come to get insurance unprepared. You need to have your ID and vin number with you. And yes I need your address. You don't know it???? Yes that is a problem.

Sorry I'm done.....for a minute.

Sent from the middle of a swamp.

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Dumb mo fo's that post donut comments about LEO's. Don't they understand we now eat breakfast tacos?

AngeliaH

Life's Peachy
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Central Texas
    And another thing. Don't let your kids run amuck and tell them that I am gonna get mad or that I am gonna get on to them. They are YOUR kids. It is not my place or my responsibility to keep them from coming behind the counter or climbing on the chairs.

Ok. I'm done for real now.

Maybe.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Being told I have to swipe my driver's license when I buy some beer or cigars at the store! Then telling the 16 yr. old kid that the magnetic strip doesn't work (somehow got scrambled by a huge magnet ...heh,heh) and him/her saying, "yeah, it'll work, etc. ect." Gawd, kid, you can't tell I'm old enough!!! I'm at least 50 Pho King years older than you! I think he may be a .............. moron :p 'cause he asks me everytime I go in which is at least once a week for years.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    And another thing. Don't let your kids run amuck and tell them that I am gonna get mad or that I am gonna get on to them. They are YOUR kids. It is not my place or my responsibility to keep them from coming behind the counter or climbing on the chairs.

Ok. I'm done for real now.

Maybe.

Get a Glock Airsoft!

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Repost! Get some new material or you're outta here

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Stupid movies that have the bad guy/girl or sometimes the hero.....racking the slide of their pump shotgun to intimidate someone. Only thing it did was show there wasn't a round in the chamber!....LOL.....Have seen a few movies where this is repeated twice! No shells at all I guess. The freaking writer's for these movies should read a little and understand how a pump shotguns works before writing their script.

AngeliaH

Life's Peachy
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Central Texas
    People walking in a parking lot right in the middle of the row. You knowwwwww there is a car behind you I saw you look. Get out the way. Also people in my apt complex.......the next time you park behind my car to run in and buy whatever dope ur into I'm gonna ram your fricken car!!!!! Your not foolin anybody. I know what ur doing.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Grammar Nazi here also.

When you do not win you lose, not loose.

They're= contraction of they are
    Their= possessive of something belonging to them
    There= a place like over there

Top Bottom