• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    Back in the late 70's I worked at the Cinema in New Braunfels. The parking lot was sloped down to us so all the carts from Safeway would roll down and hit the cars at the Cinema when the wind blew. We had a good time running out to catch them, broke up the boredom.
    Target Sports

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    This type of thing is why I don't drive a nice vehicle. I have an old beaten-up 1994 GMC pickup and the only thing I want to do to it is repaint the roof... just the roof so it doesn't rust (it has peeling paint). If a shopping cart runs into it, so what? I realize this isn't common thinking but at least I don't lose sleep at night worrying about my old POS.;)

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I had a beater truck I wouldn't have cared about. A/C gave up the ghost and wasn't worth fixing. Drove it around sweating for a few years while the kids got the good vehicles. Upgraded a few years ago - I like it - no carpet (plastic/rubber) floor etc. It ain't nothin special, I don't keep it clean all the time, I do maintenance religiously, but the point is some a-hole just cost me $500. Sigh - as a wise boss told me "You can always get more money, you can never get more time." I'll stop whining now.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    when I got my new F150 a couple of years ago it came with factory step boards and being a 4X4 it sets higher
    i have had virtually no door dings as the steps stick out slightly and catch door before it hits my side panels

sorry to hear of your truck Robert, like was mentioned above, you might find a PDR guy to fix it easy if it is not creased

james.long48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2015
    Something similar happened to me last weekend. Took the wife downtown for "brunch". I drive a F-150, not the biggest vehicle on the road. Well their was one spot left I could even think about fitting in. And I had to wait for this yuppie couple to stop fiddling with their 500+ stroller to get out of the way. So I back in and they actually stand their and act so horrified that someone with a truck would dare park next to their beloved worthless fake suv car cross over thing. I just knew that b@$* was going to door ding me. She had to stand there mouth gapping. Sure enough we leave the restaurant and I have a gigantic white dent like someone slammed their door hard as possible to leave me a mark. Oh well just a truck, it's already got plenty of other dings. No point in stressing over dinged vehicles, bound to happen at some point. The SOBs that have no respect for others are not even worth a bullet.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Something similar happened to me last weekend. Took the wife downtown for "brunch". I drive a F-150, not the biggest vehicle on the road. Well their was one spot left I could even think about fitting in. And I had to wait for this yuppie couple to stop fiddling with their 500+ stroller to get out of the way. So I back in and they actually stand their and act so horrified that someone with a truck would dare park next to their beloved worthless fake suv car cross over thing. I just knew that b@$* was going to door ding me. She had to stand there mouth gapping. Sure enough we leave the restaurant and I have a gigantic white dent like someone slammed their door hard as possible to leave me a mark. Oh well just a truck, it's already got plenty of other dings. No point in stressing over dinged vehicles, bound to happen at some point. The SOBs that have no respect for others are not even worth a bullet.
    If I park next to someone I think will door ding my truck I snap a pic of their license plate.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    This type of thing is why I don't drive a nice vehicle. I have an old beaten-up 1994 GMC pickup and the only thing I want to do to it is repaint the roof... just the roof so it doesn't rust (it has peeling paint). If a shopping cart runs into it, so what? I realize this isn't common thinking but at least I don't lose sleep at night worrying about my old POS.;)

indeed.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Oh - one thing to be aware of. Called the insurance company, apparently in my policy, getting run into by an uninsured motorist carries a $250 deductible, getting run into with a runaway cart goes on the collision insurance (as if I had run into it) and carries a $500 deductible.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Sucks robert. Tell the insurance it was a motorcycle that hit you. Save yourself $250.

This is why my daily driver is a 20 year old Corolla.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas

You just have to worry about riding around in a POS.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Also means it won't fit in my garage at night or in any parking garage in town.

If I lived in the country, damn right, I'd lift it until I needed a step stool to climb in.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yep. That's something to consider.

I don't park in a garage at home or work so don't run into issues very often.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I only have a carport. Always park on the left side of another vehicle if possible. I figure that's about 50% less possible door dings.

Top Bottom