Range practice - how many practice drawing & firing?

gambler

Well-Known
BANNED!!!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jul 31, 2020
Texas
I believe that all the public ranges that allow it (like the one in my video above) are all ranges that you are able to rent an individual tactical bay where you are separate from all other shooters and surrounded on 3 sides with high sand walls.
That would probably be OK but I have never seen anything like that anywhere close around here. I would bet that those types of facilities are going to be more common in places that are gun clubs that in places that are just commercial, open to the public shooting ranges.

oldag

TGT Addict
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Feb 19, 2015
I can't recall if I have ever seen anyone drawing at the range I go to.

And I am often the only one on the pistol range.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May 7, 2012
Austin, TX
RPR in Burnet is public and has lots of tactical bays. Most are 20yds x 60yds (and some are larger), so there is plenty of room for performing drills safely.
964a35dc0ae55609ff4a285baf6af4df.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Coyote9

TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Jan 13, 2020
Granbury Texas
Just curious as to how many folks actually practice drawing and firing when at the range.

I almost never see anyone doing this when at the range. Understand that some ranges don't allow this, fortunately the range I visit does.

That is pretty much the only way I practice anymore. Drawing from under a shirt, firing pairs. Often drawing and firing pairs at two targets (if the range is not crowded).

Seems to make shooting from the ready position seem easier.

Clearing the shirt to get a good grip on the pistol takes some experimentation to get the technique down.
My shooting pard and I load each others mags and sneek one or two Snap Caps into the stack out of 3 mags. We watch the other draw, fire, move, assess, re-engage and reloads AND clearing the resulting surprise malfunctions.

bigtex10mm

Lifetime Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apr 1, 2021
Central Texas
Even though the range I am a member of is a private range, and located in the country, the owners don't necessarily condone drawing from concealment and firing for practice.....unless you are alone. I also have a small range at my farm that I do such practice. That way the only observers are the livestock and they just keep on grazing in most cases.

Products discussed on TGT

Top Bottom